[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Captcha

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Captcha

A forum to talk about the management of the website and the forum.

Captcha

Postby redxii » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:27 pm

There should be some alternative captcha dealies available. I've used phpBB3 before and the default captcha settings are very weak and you will have a ton of spambots in no time. Or tweak the settings to make it harder for auto register spambots.
Last edited by redxii on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redxii

Re: Captcha

Postby Surkow » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:09 pm

I'll take a look. It would be nice if you could recommend captcha mods.
Surkow

Postby redxii » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:21 pm

I can't remember which, the forum is no more. Go into the settings and turn on foreground noise, decrease the background noise x and y axis, and wave distortion.
redxii

Postby rvm » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:09 pm

I tried changing those settings, but then the captcha is almost unreadable. Maybe it would be better to install another captcha.

Which one of these would be better?

GD 3D Captcha:
gd_3d_captcha.jpg
gd_3d_captcha.jpg (6.6 KiB) Viewed 7647 times

GD Captcha:
gd_captcha.jpg
gd_captcha.jpg (18.39 KiB) Viewed 7647 times

No GD Captcha:
captcha_sin_gd.jpg
captcha_sin_gd.jpg (14.48 KiB) Viewed 7647 times
rvm
Site Admin

Postby redxii » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:21 pm

3D captcha looks best, easy for me to read & looks hard for bots.
redxii

Postby redxii » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:23 pm

I also get this message in private messages: "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature. "
redxii

Postby rvm » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:09 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby Surkow » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:55 am

I agree the GD 3D Captcha seems to be the most readable one, while hopefully impossible to decipher for bots.
Surkow

Postby mhoople » Sun May 15, 2011 7:31 pm

I just tried 8-10 times to read what those letters actually were. I couldn't tell if it was a G or a 6 maybe a b and on and on. Those letters should give anormal person a reasonable chance to read them.
mhoople

Postby David Batchelor » Sat May 21, 2011 1:45 pm

I agree.

I also found it quite hard to read the first time.

If it stops the spambots, that's the main thing as long as people don't give up the first time if they don't get the code correct.
David Batchelor

Next

Return to Website and forum