This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Fears Grow For Missing Documentation........

Any kind of documentation (manuals, howtos, tips...) about the usage of SMPlayer.

Fears Grow For Missing Documentation........

Postby Cyber Hammer » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:07 am

Hi y'all.......
I won't pretend I'm not disappointed at the absence of documentation here in the ironically named, it's fair to say, 'Documentation Forum'........
Manuals, how-tos, tips........... I downloaded SMPlayer a couple of days ago + a few mysteries have surfaced that I was hoping to solve without too much ballache......... the lack of any written help files puts pay to that + some degree of testicular hardship seems inevitable..........
The subject of user- guides, instruction manuals, whatever you might call them, is one I've got into many times + a good reason for not providing adequate user instruction is something I've not come across during these exchanges...... The actual reason for not providing, what outside of the pc world is something you take for granted, products come with instructions, it's law in many countries................ It's common sense, too, isn't it??
I've seen cans of pop with written instructions on them + to ensure the illiterate don't go thirsty, there are pictorial instructions, as well!!!!
Not providing such guidance is, sadly, something the computer industry is guilty of........ maybe that mob who gave us Windows set an example???? Windows 7, for example, has more about it hiding things + preventing users than it has concerned with helping them............
I'm happy to blame them for the industry wide culture of failing to offer the absolutely necessary resource of guidance for users........ doing so takes a bit of effort, I know, but it just goes with the territory. I've got on to numerous folks for failure to provide + received some serious abuse for my doing so.......... I enjoy these cases of irrational response to criticism.......... I've had some real rage back at me....... yes, I probably am a total 'custard' (a hybrid of 2 common, but undesirable, sort of characters)..... not for politely pointing out the glaring, sorry + sadly missing, piece of the puzzle....... You'll have to do better than that....... there's no getting around it, though, + SMPlayer is a good example......... it needs some bloody instructions!!!!!
The last few days I've used it a lot......... the playlist I've found to be particularly baffling, among other aspects, that unless I'm supposed to instinctively have the knowledge, I can't see how the hell I'm expected to get it.......... The pop-ups in 'Preferences' are a step in the right direction + offer some understanding........ but I need more!!!!!! That's how I feel about things, seeing that you asked........ You didn't??? I saved you the job........ the player itself is a real beauty, by the way, I just wish stuff made more sense to me..........
What is clear to me, you should do something to remedy the situation, finish the job + make things right......... I can't be the only one who needs to be clued up....... no one will hold it against you if you shed a bit of light on things....... it'll more likely win you some love....... it will from me, of that you can be sure.......... sure as.............. errrrr....... you can be sure, anyway..........
Cyber Hammer

Return to Documentation