This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Video Filter Color adjustment

Any kind of documentation (manuals, howtos, tips...) about the usage of SMPlayer.

Video Filter Color adjustment

Postby Strawhead » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Compared with the VLC Player there are obviously some restrictions in the configuration facilities of the SM Player - or MPlayer, respectively. A user-friendly color adjustment - tailored manually for older videos with bad colors - is missing, but strongly desired.

I learned that color adjustment is possible in principle by a specific command line in MPlayer. But unfortunately I'm not at all familiar with specific topics like those. Moreover, the easiest way is needed to change items like brightness, contrast, color scale, color saturation and gamma, e.g. by just shifting control bars, in order to see at once the result of any change in picture properties at the monitor. But if you are forced to enter first a set of letters with following numbers in the MPlayer comman line, that approach would soon turn out as a never-ending try-and-error circle.

Can anybody give me some answer to that item?

Thanks in advance for any efforts in investigation work from

Strawhead
Strawhead

Re: Video Filter Color adjustment

Postby rvm » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:03 am

Video -> Equalizer
rvm
Site Admin

Return to Documentation