[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - The future of Youtube support, should it be removed?

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

The future of Youtube support, should it be removed?

Forum to talk about the development of SMTube (code, patches...).

Re: The future of Youtube support, should it be removed?

Postby vulture_g7 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:28 am

@rvm

well....I can understand your frustation with having to change all your code for the on coming youtube changes :/

All I wanted to say is that I do use SMTube a lot and I wish it'll still work after the YT API changes happen, it's a really usefull tool for me that I'm using almost daily.

Keep up the good work man!
vulture_g7

Postby rvm » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:55 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby davebraco » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:08 am

@rvm
First allow me to thank you for all the work done on SMPlayer.

Of course being able to download youtube videos in such an easy way is a really cool and very useful feature but I mainly use SMPlayer to watch them.
So it would great if SMTube could support the new youtube API.

Have a nice day!
davebraco

Postby pvanni » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:12 am

I also use SMTube regularly to stream/download videos under AmigaOS4.
I hope you'll implement the new api even if we loose the download feature.
Anyway, thank you very much, rvm, for these years of SMTube support.
pvanni

Postby sinisrus » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:37 am

SMTube is very very great software for amiga os4
I love this software. I hope there is a solution

Thank you for your work
sinisrus

Postby LioFR » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:56 pm

I am also using smtube regularly thanks to you and to zzd10h for porting it to AmigaOS4.
This is a great tool and really appealing to fill the gap between the mainstream OS and our little niche. it would be really sad to go back to the age of stone but I could also understand if you dont want to update/upgrade it.

After all, it is not your fault but google's one and as a user, I would accept any decision from your side and am gratefull to what you accomplish so far.

All the best
Lio
LioFR

Postby samo79 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:10 pm

@rvm

Mmm did you read the migration guide here ?
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v ... tion-guide

I'm not an expert of course, however for what i can see the migration between API V2 and V3 doesn't looks so complicated
samo79

Postby rvm » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:01 am

The API 2 returned the results in XML while the API 3 uses JSON. So all the code that parses the output from youtube has to be rewritten.

Moreover there's no support for JSON in Qt 4. Qt 5 does have it. So either I use Qt 5 (so smtube won't work with Qt 4 anymore) or I look for a 3rd party library which I could use with Qt 4.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby tommysammy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:21 am

Sadly that Youtube change the code. SMTube is my daily Youtube viewer on AmigaOs4.1. I hope it will works again.
tommysammy

Postby AlicePPC » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:59 am

Fist of all Thx for your work Ricardo.
No good news...I use all days the youtube funtion in my Amigaone X1000
I hope you have the patiente for make the changes in the code
Regards
José
AlicePPC

PreviousNext

Return to Development