[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Subtitle Font Problem

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Subtitle Font Problem

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Re: Subtitle Font Problem

Postby Camo260 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:29 am

Camo260

Postby rvm » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:20 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby Camo260 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:14 am

Camo260

Postby redxii » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:17 pm

The subtitle block in No Game No Life is fixed in newer mplayer versions.
redxii

Postby rvm » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:00 pm

I don't know if it's the same bug or not, but someone reported a similar problem (4 years ago) to the mplayer list:

https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mp ... 78880.html

I think that maybe the bug was fixed in mplayer2 but not in mplayer.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby Camo260 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:50 am

How does one use mplayer2 with smplayer? :D
Camo260

Postby rvm » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:14 am

Download this:

Uncompress it somewhere.

Open smplayer, go to preferences -> general. In the "MPlayer executable" field, click on the blue button on the right, and now select mplayer2.exe which is in the folder where you uncompress the package.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby redxii » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:24 am

I can't be downloading any more videos on my ridiculously small cap but I think I found the problem is that the .otf font files used in 'Sword Art Online II' and others identify the MIME type as 'application/vnd.ms-opentype' (using MKVExtract) and in the source code of mplayer (mplayer.c) there is no support for finding and loading embedded fonts of that MIME type unlike mplayer2 (also in ). Many videos also have .otf fonts but some authors can apparently change the MIME type to 'application/x-truetype-font' so that they load in mplayer. I will poke the mplayer devs for support of loading embedded otf fonts properly.

Any issues with arrangement of subtitles should probably be tested against a newer version from https://sourceforge.net/projects/smplay ... -unstable/ or https://sourceforge.net/projects/mplaye ... -MEncoder/ . The block in 4:09 of 'No Game' is at least fixed newer versions.
redxii

Postby LadySp1ca » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:38 pm

I got a similar problem, but it is with one of the videos, when I play it on SMPlayer on my computer, it works fine and a few other videos players that I have, but when I try to play it on the Portable SMPlayer, on my laptop, with Youkai Watch, some of the subtitles change. What can cause this problem?

Thanks.
LadySp1ca

Postby redxii » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:30 am

Uploaded some new packages:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/smplay ... -unstable/

32-bit:
smplayer-14.9.0.6417-win32.exe
smplayer-portable-14.9.0.6417.7z

64-bit:
smplayer-14.9.0.6417-x64.exe
smplayer-portable-14.9.0.6417-x64.7z

If you changed the mplayer path be sure to reset it to default mplayer/mplayer.exe.
redxii

PreviousNext

Return to General