This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Subtitle bug or feature

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Subtitle bug or feature

Postby pyro12 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:55 am

When SMPlayer autoloads subtitles, I cannot make any changes to them (sync, size, etc) until I right click/subtitles/Primary Track and select the unselected but still being used subtitles.

I suppose this could be a feature to help prevent accidental modification of previously synced and sized subs, but I personally, would prefer to be able to make changes without first having to first select the subs.

I have experienced this on many systems (and have almost pulled my hair out trying to figure out why I can't adjust the sync until I figured it out) including Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.3 and 19.0, Linux Mint Mate 19, and whatever version of Xubuntu I took for a spin.

Currently using SMPlayer 18.10.0 rev 9144 but I have experienced this for quite awhile.

I'm a huge fan of SMPlayer primarily for how well subtitles are integrated into it. This is becoming much more common nowadays, but SMPlayer was way ahead of the curve with this - especially opensubtitles integration. I'm still hoping for subdivx and addic7ed plugins :D
pyro12

Return to General