This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

A bit of feedback ans suggestions

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

A bit of feedback ans suggestions

Postby axymeus » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:02 pm

I thought I would make a topic to list a bunch my thoughts about SMPlayer, I hope it's alright.

BUG
- I've set my mouse wheel to volume control, but it's not working when the cursor is hovering over the status bar or any other controls, only over the video itself or the timeline. May not be a a bug, but I would love a way to make it work anywhere as long as the application has focus, or at least when the cursor is anywhere within its bounds.
- Autoresize "Prevent window to get outside of screen" is not working. SMPlayer opens 7px to the left edge of my screen, making the right edge visible on the right monitor. Moreover, the player should resize vertically to accomodate for the taskbar, or at least appear above it and not under.

NEW FEATURES
- Adding options for the title bar and status bar to display either file title, file name, or absolute file path.
- Adding an option to hide the menu bar (although you might want a way to call the menu even if the user did not set anything to invoke it, like right click binding)
- Implementing MPC's folder navigation. This is a bit more tricky but shouldn't be too hard. When the playlist is empty (or contains a single element) using "next" should automatically load the next video in the current folder. This is different from the auto playlist feature, mainly in the way that if I set my player to loop and I have a playlist, I expect the next file in the playlist to play at the end of the current video, but with this new feature the current video would be looping until the user decides to move to the next video. It's very useful for navigating multiple episodes of a show for instance. And for large folders it's faster than having the auto playlist load everything.

I think that's about it :D
axymeus

Return to General