[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Feature request - make real Shuffle mode (not random)

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Feature request - make real Shuffle mode (not random)

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Feature request - make real Shuffle mode (not random)

Postby happyuser » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 pm

- make real Shuffle mode (not random).

The current approach of shuffle mode in playlist is not optimal. It actually should be called Random, not shuffle.

Please, make it shuffle, as it's much more convenient.

Shuffle is different from Random as actually should do this:
- When Shuffle is activated or playlist is loaded the playlist items should be randomly reordered in memory.
- The items in playlist window should stay the same (as it it now)
- The playback and Next/Previous buttons in playlist should change active media according to shuffled (reordered) list in the memory.

Advantages of real shuffle over current Random:
1) Playback do not play the same item twice or more times before other items are played.
2) Next and Previous buttons work perfectly (currently Previous button is broken, see separate issue).
happyuser

Re: Feature request - make real Shuffle mode (not random)

Postby Kresimir » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:42 am

I second this request. Apart from pl_next and pl_previous not working as expected with the shuffle option turned on, there is also the issue of the the first file in the playlist always playing first.
Kresimir

Postby rvm » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:45 pm

Implemented in svn r9313.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby happyuser » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:43 pm

happyuser

Postby ehrichweiss » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:35 pm

I might not be understanding this new feature but the shuffle button no longer works for me in any way that I might expect. I'm using smplayer 20.60.0 on Gentoo x64

Most of the time when I load videos it sorts by order added(but not the shuffle order) by default. If I hit the shuffle button it will change the numbers in the shuffle order column but when I hit the "next" button it will go to the video next in the normal order, without the shuffle working at all.

Now sometimes, and I can't seem to duplicate this behavior, it will start shuffling as I would expect but I can usually only make that happen maybe one out of every ten attempts or so. It seems to take some weird combo of hitting the shuffle order column sort and then maybe the name sort and then maybe the add order sort. It's really hard to say what causes it but from what I can tell the OLD shuffle was much better as it didn't require all this nonsense to get it to work properly. Also, unless I'm misunderstanding the OP, I never saw the behavior they described regarding changing the order of the videos in the playlist but, again, I would have it sort via the order it was added so it never changed for me as far as I'm aware.
ehrichweiss

Postby rvm » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:01 am

Please try version 21.1.
rvm
Site Admin

Return to General