[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Smplayer open dialog

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Smplayer open dialog

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Smplayer open dialog

Postby GeneBenson » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:01 am

I just got the update to version 20.4.2+2.1 on Linux Mint 19 XFCE. I have been using the QT4 version because it honors the option "Use the system native dialog" which in my case would be the
GTK dialog. This latest version does not honor that option and instead uses the QT dialog.

I tried the QT5 version when it first came out and it also had this problem. Anyway, I thought I would take this opportunity and switch to the QT5 version (also Smtube) and get rid of all the QT4 stuff. The QT5 version still uses the QT open dialog but I can live with that.

I have been using the QT5 version on Debian Testing XFCE for a few months now and it does honor the option "Use the system native dialog" and uses the GTK dialog. Even this latest version of
Smplayer. Perhaps this has to do with the older QT version on Linux Mint. 5.9 vs 5.12.5 on Debian. I suppose I will find out when Linux Mint 20 comes out later this year.

Anyway, no big deal. Just thought I'd mention it.
GeneBenson

Re: Smplayer open dialog

Postby rvm » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:32 pm

I've built some of the packages with Qt 5. Apparently some distros are already removing Qt 4, so I think it's time to move on.

In my computer, using gnome classic, the option "use the system native dialog" does display the GTK dialog, so it's probably some kind of problem of your desktop with Qt 5.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby GeneBenson » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:30 am

GeneBenson

Postby rvm » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:05 am

Qt 5.11.0
rvm
Site Admin

Return to General