This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

9354/you tune update

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Re: 9354/you tune update

Postby cootmaster » Thu May 28, 2020 5:05 pm

ok but problem is i use the right click open with to launch my downloaders , 5kplayer 4k and any audio converter - right click copy url open with ...
if i stay with the one i have now it will continue to work but eventually the you tube will break again
if i switch over you tube be fixed but i cant download

or
would you tube still be able to work if i use the new smplayer w the new updater and old smtube or do i need both
any suggestions
how to continue using you tube so i can have both a right click to player and fixed you tube
also i dont see OPEN SOUND with the new one so smtube can just play the audio
cootmaster

Postby rvm » Thu May 28, 2020 5:23 pm

If you want to download a video with smtube, right click on a video, select "play video with a web browser". When the video starts to play in the web browser, right click on the video and select "save video as".

If you want to download with another application, you can right click on a video, select "copy link to clipboard", and the paste the url in the other application.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby cootmaster » Thu May 28, 2020 6:02 pm

TRUE
BUT i USED OPEN WITH so i WOULDNT need to open browsers, that was the purpose , it was ingenious how tubelayer could search videos, then PLAY WITH > 5k or PLAY WITH> 4k to launch it.
5k has a YOU TUBE button but that launches browser but only you tube . 4k has copy paste w no browser and any video converter has same a you tube button but launches browser , it DOES have a DRAG url so if minimised it pops up when its dragged in. i did like how smtube used a search feature wo open browsers right on desktop
i have a tube player desktop application again where i guess i could drag it into the AVC . the play with launch was just such nice feature

lastly is new smtube going be able to add like youtube/cootmaster or just youtube and ton vid
cootmaster

Postby rvm » Sat May 30, 2020 9:21 am

The players options are back in version 9388.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby cootmaster » Sat May 30, 2020 2:05 pm

GOODIE
i still cant access tonvid its just not working
its doing 404 sometimes it opens sometimes not
idk why the wepbage opens from browser
did you add options to add more in the menu or just you tube /tonvid like my own page?

Bad Request

It is not a valid request! here what i keep getting
ALSO the web is cutting back on ie
you cant even log in using you tube

've detected a problem with your cookie settings.

Enable cookies
Make sure your cookies are enabled. To enable cookies, follow these browser-specific instructions.

Clear cache and cookies
If you have cookies enabled but are still having trouble, clear your browser's cache and cookies.

Adjust your privacy settings
If clearing your cache and cookies doesn't resolve the problem, try adjusting your browser's privacy settings. If your settings are on high, manually add www.google.com to your list of allowed sites. Learn more
and i posted about stooping the browser

We’ll stop supporting this browser soon. For the best experience please update your browser.

Please update your browser

We’ll stop supporting this browser soon. Update it to get the best YouTube experience and our latest features. Learn more
cootmaster

Postby rvm » Sat May 30, 2020 2:47 pm

The tonvid site is working fine for me. Try deleting the file cookies.ini in the smtube configuration folder.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby cootmaster » Sat May 30, 2020 4:11 pm

i think that did it!

ie isnt working anymore and it allow me to log in because ie is too old
sign you in
This browser or app may not be secure. Learn more
Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in.

is the open wuth menu only work w you tube/ ton vid
noticed other sites wont let u open with just copy url what goes in the search URL box when add new sites or my own
Attachments
image1.jpg
image1.jpg (24.39 KiB) Viewed 7050 times
Last edited by cootmaster on Sat May 30, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cootmaster

Postby rvm » Sat May 30, 2020 5:19 pm

You can add other urls.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby cootmaster » Sat May 30, 2020 5:26 pm

yes i see on pic bellow some sites have no right click menu
what about this i can only click here there no open with on this site
and do i put anything in search url box or leave blank

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is a bug w open in external player it wont open it just sits there or only plays 1st video on my list
i did try it w ton vid it works +
you tube works+
cootmaster you tube if i search then play a file it plays normally , if i play from any saved list it wont play, all external players take forever to load or play 1st thing in my list only
also youtube/cootmaster works+
whats is this a bug?
Attachments
image12.jpg
image12.jpg (11.09 KiB) Viewed 7050 times
cootmaster

Postby rvm » Sun May 31, 2020 12:19 am

Are you using the url of a playlist?
rvm
Site Admin

PreviousNext