[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - 50% of youtube videos have no sound

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

50% of youtube videos have no sound

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

50% of youtube videos have no sound

Postby Thomas123 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:03 pm

Thomas123

Re: 50% of youtube videos have no sound

Postby tiger1 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:20 pm

Do you get the same result if you play it in the mpv player?

That video link plays find for me with sound. It is the video entitled "Die Feldgrille - Wie zirpt & hört sie", isn't?

I am using an old version of both smplayer(18.2.2) and mpv (27.2) because I still have the screenshot problems in the latest mpv version (see my post https://forum.smplayer.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12634).

To view youtube. I use the Network- Support for sites- mpv+youtube-dl and in 'Advanced' I put my own Mplayer options code--ytdl-format=22/136+140/18/bestvideo[ext=mp4][height<=1080][fps<=?40]+bestaudio[ext=m4a]/best.

I can view the video in both Format 22 and the DASH version formats 137+139.

I hope that trying the mpv player or tickering with Options helps you. If it does not, when I had a problems years ago, I changed my Audio Output to something else in Preferences-General-Audio.
tiger1

Re: 50% of youtube videos have no sound

Postby Thomas123 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:46 pm

Thank you very much Tiger!

Yes, that's the name of the video.

The mpv-player has no sound either.

I tried every entry of the Audio Output in Preferences-General-Audio ... no success!

But in the Network-Settings ... I also (like you) had "mpv + youtube-dl".
I changed that to "automatic" ... and now it works. ... I hope this has no drawbacks, because I have the vague feeling, that the former choice had also some reason (but I forgot). I will see!

For now it works! :-)

Thank you very much!
Thomas123

Return to General