This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Annoying Playback Issue

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Annoying Playback Issue

Postby daplaya » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:42 pm

Its probably have been said million times, but I still want somehow to be able to play my backup of DVDs. I have them as ISOs on HDD when I am off grid. I use then USB stick with live distro that has mpv with VAAPi and SMPlayer (although I still have to set it up to use VAAPi -unlike VLC that does it out of the box).

I would like to be able to play my DVDS, because currently I cannot get past menu ("play" is unclickable). Plus before menu appears I have to watch logos and ads for at least 5 minutes (unlike VLC that skips them and immediately goes to the movie).

I don't want to use VLC and I cannot install it on live distro because I am off grid. I could use another USB with VLC AppImg, but that will have no VAAPi wich will annoy me to the core and I will have to carry another USB thumb for just VLC. I could also change that USB stick into live with persistance, but my daily driver is another distro and I do not have USB Live installer from the original distro to install it with persistance. Plus I do not want persistance anyway, not to mention all that "rufuses" suck and they don't work nor give me bootloading options, so its completely out of question.

Summery:
Smplayer playback of DVDs
Smplayer straight to the movie withoutl logos and ads

How can I achieve this. Its just menu, because Smplayer/mpv can play mpeg2. And those DVDs don't even have libdvdcss so its not an issue.

I don't want to use another live distro that has VLC by defaul, because they suck. I want to use SMplayer. Period.

Can you help me?
daplaya

Re: Annoying Playback Issue

Postby rvm » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:51 pm

SMPlayer doesn't support DVD menus. You have to select a title in the menu Browse -> Title.
rvm
Site Admin

Return to General