[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - dark mode

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

dark mode

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

dark mode

Postby Sleepwalker » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 am

Hello! I read in the blog from 2018 that SMPlayer is finally(!) supposed to have a dark mode.

Yet here we are 2 years later at version 20.xx.x and it is not there. Which is sad because I hate the white line on top of the SMP-window and would love to get rid of it and a dark preference window would be nice to have too.

Is it supposed to be there? If yes how to get it to show? If no then when will it arrive?
Attachments
supposed-dark-theme.jpg
Supposed to be there.
supposed-dark-theme.jpg (43.25 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
smp.jpg
Actually there.
smp.jpg (80.48 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
Sleepwalker

Re: dark mode

Postby rvm » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:23 am

Please select "Basic GUI" instead of "Skinnable GUI".
rvm
Site Admin

Postby Sleepwalker » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:07 am

Damn I missed that, obviously. Cheers!
Sleepwalker

Postby Ranger545 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:12 pm

Thanks for mentioning, I had missed it, too!
Ranger545

Postby dontwannareg » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:42 pm

I just made this switch, but there's a small problem.

The dark icon set is WAY larger than the rest of the icon sets, so my playlist buttons extend so wide that the playlist now blocks a much larger part of the screen than necessary.
I can usually fit the playlist window right next to the viewing area with no much black space on top and bottom of the viewing area. Now the playlist blocks a significant part of the viewing area. I can't find an icon set that's also dark, but has icons the same size as the rest of the sets. Kinda weird that just this one set decides to be huge compared to the others.
dontwannareg

Postby dontwannareg » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:45 pm

All my posts require approval, so I can't edit.

I found something called Scale Factor, thinking that would possible fix the issue, but now my SMPlayer just crashed on load, every time. Awesome. I think at this point I'd rather just go back to VLC than have to re-create all of my settings again after resetting to default.
dontwannareg

Postby dontwannareg » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:48 pm

Still can't edit.

Even cooler is the fact that your FAQ states that, in order to find our configuration file, you need to open SM Player and click "Open configuration folder." Yeah, that's great! Unless, of course, your SMPlayer crashes on startup, so you can't actually get to that button. That's just...bravo.
dontwannareg

Postby rvm » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:29 am

What operating system are you using?
The location of the smplayer config files depends on the operating system. On Linux is in ~/.config/smplayer/, on Windows 10 is in C:\Users\Username\.smplayer/

I guess you changed the HDPI scale. You can reset that option deleting the file hdpi.ini in the smplayer configuration folder.
rvm
Site Admin

Return to General