[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - List of improvements and fixes for Playlist (please read!)

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

List of improvements and fixes for Playlist (please read!)

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

List of improvements and fixes for Playlist (please read!)

Postby happyuser » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:17 pm

SMPlayer is awesome. But currently using Playlist in SMPlayer is a huge pain.
Let's improve SMPlayer to make it even better?!

Dear rvm, please read this list carefully and try to implement these improvements, as it will make SMPlayer way better for users.
I personally am mostly interested in number 3, 4 and 6 and may provide again a small donation for it as I do for FLOSS projects from time to time.

And I'm asking other users to support these requests with a comment in this topic if you read it.

I propose it opens by default first time docked on the right (monitors are nowadays wide and get wider, so docked at the bottom by default - is a bad idea.

I propose mouse right-click menu on playlist header with 4 lines:
* Docked to the right
* Docked to the left
* Docked to the top
* Docked to the bottom
Another way to do that - add option in settings (Playlist page), as a combobox with this options including undocked.

Currently the change of width of playlist affects only Length column, but it's ridiculous, Length column is hardly ever need to be resized at all.

I propose to make resizable only "Name" column, and width of index, and length should be set to the minimum required width. It's the only logical way, because there is no reason on earth to change those size.

I propose that change of playlist's width (including docked one) should only affect Name column in automatic way - Index and Length column take minimum required width (not to be cut) and Name column gets all the rest width.

Already done in revision r9464!
I propose to make Shuffle order column hidden. Using Shuffle button should switch between play ordering by shuffle order and index (or Name if user clicked on Name himself).
And I propose the actual ordering would stay the same in list on Shuffle button toggle, only the order of play should be affected: Either straight for usual mode or shuffle jumps if shuffle is on. No Shuffle column should be visible.

Already done in revision r9463!
It's simply a small bug:
https://sourceforge.net/p/smplayer/bugs/942/
When "Auto-adding of sibling files is On" - the playlist starts with 2 in first column. The bug was introduced around time of Shuffle order column was added.

When you have a playlist of e.g. 10 files, you press Previous (play_prev) shortcut several times fast (to get back to some video in the list) - SMPlayer freezes for 3-10 seconds and shows buggy messagebox about backend crash.
VERY ANNOYING bug.
The bug was introduced a year ago or so. Before that "Previous" shortcut and button worked flawlessly.
Last edited by happyuser on Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyuser

Re: List of improvements and fixes for Playlist (please read

Postby rvm » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:46 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby rvm » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:58 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby happyuser » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:27 am

Nicely done, sir!
I have 9418 and will be waiting for getting newer version soon!
I will modify the first post accordingly.

Numbers 3 and 6 are most important for me personally.

Please look in 6 as it's easily reproducible and it an actual bug. If you need any assistant to reproduce it - I will help.
I have this bug on fedora 32 and had it on fedora 30, but on fedora 28 it worked fine.

Number 3 is an annoying thing and was reported not only by me.
Resize leads to the Length column's width being changed instead of obvious Name column. Will it be difficult to change?

Thanks a lot for improvements that are already done!
happyuser

Postby rvm » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:14 pm

I'm looking number 6 right now. It seems that when you're tring to open files very fast sometimes smplayer fails to communicate with mpv. I think the problem doesn't happen when using mplayer as multimedia engine.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby happyuser » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:57 pm

Yeah, after some freeze of smplayer there can be a message about mpv problem. But sometimes message is not drawn correctly or something like that.

I'm glad that the issue 6 reproduced in your OS, I was afraid it's some-how specific to my environment.
happyuser

Postby rvm » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:42 pm

I could find a proper fix yet but I've just added (r9467) a workaround for the play next problem.
rvm
Site Admin

Return to General