This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Forced subtitles via an srt file

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Forced subtitles via an srt file

Postby RonASA » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:21 pm

I am having a little problem i hope you cna help with.

i have ripped and converted Star wars Episode 4 and now have it as an Xvid/avi file. I went to Opensubtitles.org to get the subtitles for it and got them no problem.

However, I cannot for the life of me get the film to play with forced subtitles only. it either playes the movie with all subtitles playing or none at all. I've tried every combination i cna think ofto no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?
RonASA

Re: Forced subtitles via an srt file

Postby rvm » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:50 am

I think in srt files you can't select forced subtitles. All lines in the srt will be displayed. The "forced subtitles" option in the subtitle menu I think will only work with dvd subtitles.
rvm
Site Admin

Re: Forced subtitles via an srt file

Postby RonASA » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:57 am

I downloaded the movie "saving face" which is half in English, half in Chinese with an srt file and the forced subtitles work perfectly. SO how do you get a DVD that has been ripped to an avi file to play forced subtitles only? Does it mean ripping the subtitles from the DVD as well and if so, do you know a program that will do that?
RonASA

Return to General