[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Seetings for smooth playback of 1080p

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Seetings for smooth playback of 1080p

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Seetings for smooth playback of 1080p

Postby hulalula » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Hey there,
I once asked a friend if it is possible to play 1080p-MKVs on my old whacky PC. He said yes, but try SMPlayer (I was using VLC). I did so and now it nearly works but in fast scenes it stutters still a bit. So I looked in the preferences menu and there're a lot of things you can adjust....and I don't know what! :)
So I'm asking you: What should I do? I already made the cache bigger, since I know what a cache is and I set the priority on realtime, but didn't helped .
Thx for your help!
hulalula

Re: Seetings for smooth playback of 1080p

Postby rvm » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:04 pm

If you have a multi-core processor I suggest to install a package with mplayer-mt, and then increase the threads for decoding in preferences -> performance.

If you don't have a multi-core processor then you can try to set the "loop filter" option to "skip".

If you use linux, and have a graphic card supported by vdpau, then select "vdpau" as video output in preferences -> general -> video.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby hulahula » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:21 am

Thank you for your answer.
Yes, I have Core 2 Duo CPU. But I'm a bit confused with all the different versions and downloads and names....
Maybe you could give me a link :)
hulahula

Postby rvm » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:43 am

If you use windows, try this one:

(this is a experimental package)

Select a multithreaded mplayer on the setup.

Don't forget to set the decoding threads to at least 2 in preferences -> performance.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby hulalula » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:21 pm

WUHUUU, it works perfectly! :D thank you so much!
hulalula

Postby redxii » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Be sure to choose "Change settings (advanced)" during install so you can select the MPlayer build for Intel, otherwise you won't see that page and you'll get the regular one.
redxii

Return to General