[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Enquing files from Explorer + more

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Enquing files from Explorer + more

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Enquing files from Explorer + more

Postby bsw11 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:41 pm

I had this working in the last version - stopped working when I installed 6.9 I want to click on an item in Explorer and have it enqueue not try to clear the playlist. Did not see the option in preferences - please advise.

And my once a year of so pleading with you to redo the playlist for drag and drop at any position and add multiple playlist tabs or even a drop down - PLEASE.
Also an option to force file name display on video files instead of using the mostly useless tags in the avi and wmv files would be great as well.

My only other issue with your player is that on some (more than a few) files the positioning just does not work well at all especially trying to reverse position - just won't go - has anyone else had this problem?

I also had to re-register for some reason - no big deal but I am sure my old posts must be gone?
bsw11

Re: Enquing files from Explorer + more

Postby rvm » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:22 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby bsw11 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:52 am

Thanks for the reply.

Unchecking the add automatically to play list does not make it work the way I had it working in the past. The difference is that I WANT it to enque into the playlist, but at the end of the existing play list - not try to clear the list.

Is there a command line option that can make this work - that might be what I did and it was cleared when I did the new install?

However a simple quick and better fix would be to add 1 more check box to that preference page that would say "En-queue to existing Play List" and make it work that way.

Please let me know about this.

As to a new play list, at least you acknowledge its the most important improvement - now we need you to GET MOTIVATED!! :D
bsw11

Postby rvm » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:04 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby bsw11 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:18 am

Right that was how it was done -add-to-playlist will do the job which is what I had setup - so that tells me your install routines are messing with that setting and should not.

Now on to the good stuff -making a better playlist is not that hard to do if you know EXACTLY what is needed to be done - and luckily that is very easy because IT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE!!! You just need to copy one of 2 programs that are already out there. One is very easy and not quite as good, the other is much harder to do but WAY better, I would be happy with doing the first and maybe down the road the 2nd. First a note on your question of keeping the play list connected to the Video Window -

Your player is being used mainly if not totally to play videos, not audio - given that fact it is not a good idea to ever connect the 2 windows together, almost all of the other video players in your class of players (KMPLAYER, VLC, ZOOM are the ones I am referring to) have separate playlist windows - and I believe that is just fine - and removes a level of complexity.

Of these players the KMPLAYER has the best play list interface -its biggest problem is the player itself - crashes too much or hangs and does a bad job of playing videos. But that is the playlist interface I would model yours after for starters. It's simple but has a drop down to select form multiple playlists and allows you to drag and drop anywhere in the list and also drag selected items around in the list. - The one negative is if it crashes, it is not updating the current playlist file until you change pl or exit - so a simple auto-save would solve this as well as the fact your player rarely crashes - only mplayer crashes occasionally.

The best by far is the one in foobar2000 which is as far as I am concerned the best Audio Player PERIOD! Not only does it have a full user skinable and configurable interface, but it also has the best media manager especially for large collections.
I have got around the media manager issue using a program called locate from locate32.net.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask, I will be happy to work with you on this and test it.

I need the link to get the latest from svn again - thanks.
bsw11

Postby rvm » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:44 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby bsw11 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Ok I tried the beta and set absoulute seek and it still will not seek ok in reverse - it just kind of sticks at where ever it is at. It does let me drag the scroll bar backwards, but not use the scroll wheel. In playing around I can make it work by setting the scoll where jump time to 13 secs. Anything less and it sticks. This tells me its probably a keyframe size issue with certain wmv videos. Maybe you could test for if its really going back and if not, automatically keep upping the time till it works - something like that.

As for the enqueue - I somehow forgot how to change or add a parameter to a file setting on my damn Vista OS - though it would be MUCH better if you just added 1 checkbox to playlist preferences that said "Enqueue Selections" and let SMPLAYER just do the thing that way - any chance of slapping that in the next build?

Edit: I fiqured it out - turns out to be one change to the registry value at:

HCR\Applications\smplayer.exe\shell\open\command = the value needs to be "C:\Program Files\SMPlayer\smplayer.exe" "%1" "-add-to-playlist" - so that is what you can easily change in preferences.
bsw11

Postby bsw11 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:55 pm

There is one more small tweak to the current playlist that would be easy to do and useful.

Right now the playlist will display the file tag from avi and wmv files - most of the time these tags on videos are useless and do not show the file being played - usually a URL or something. A simple checkbox in the playlst setup that "Always show video file filenames" would allow filenames to be used and not tags in the playlist.
bsw11

Return to General