[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - problems w Smplayer demuxer, UI on Ubuntu

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

problems w Smplayer demuxer, UI on Ubuntu

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

problems w Smplayer demuxer, UI on Ubuntu

Postby bsmith1051 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:57 pm

I am trying to configure my new Nvidia card to play AVCHD videos via VDPAU. I have both Ubuntu 9.10 (i386) and Ubuntu 10.04/Alpha-3 (AMD64) with all the latest versions of Nvidia driver, mplayer and smplayer through the Nvidia PPA. The problem is that the default settings don't work correctly with interlaced h.264 video like mine.

I have succeeded in playing my videos with the following command-line:
> /usr/bin/mplayer -vc ffh264vdpau -vo vdpau:deint=3 -nolirc "/data/AVCHD test file 1080i.MTS" -demuxer lavf -framedrop -nocorrect-pts

But I've been unable to duplicate this through Smplayer. The big issue is the demuxer. By default Smplayer (or was it done by mplayer?) is selecting the "mpeg-ts" demuxer, but this was resulting in massive lag and immediate de-sync of audio/video. When I select "lavf" by hand it all works correctly. But when I select it in Smplayer (and confirm that it's selected in both the Mplayer log and the 'Information' GUI) there is no video stream. So Smplayer is doing something to interfere with it?

Also, it seems like Smplayer isn't correctly using the Preferences you select in the UI. Specifically, nothing I select for Preferences > General/Video > Deinterlace causes mplayer to load with any form of -vo vdpau:deint=2. Instead I've been forced to specify it under Preferences > Advanced > Options for Mplayer. But I worry that this will cause problems on non-interlaced video?

Also, also, when I select Preference > Advanced > Correct PTS=No, there is no mplayer command for -nocorrect-pts like I want. Again, I'm having to manually add it.
bsmith1051

Re: problems w Smplayer demuxer, UI on Ubuntu

Postby rvm » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:14 am

See if this helps:

In Preferences -> Advanced -> Options for mplayer -> Options, type -demuxer lavf

In Preferences -> General -> Video, select "user defined" as output driver, and type vdpau:deint=3. Check the option "Disable video filters when using vdpau".

Notice that I don't have a graphic card supported by vdpau, so I can't test the vdpau driver by myself, so I don't know it this would really work.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby bsmith1051 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Thanks for the reply, but that did not work. It's not that smplayer isn't selecting the correct demuxer, it's that the demuxer 'works' differently when used in Smplayer as opposed to from the command-line (in 'raw' mplayer).

Also, the GUI option for selecting the demuxer works properly. it's the deinterlacer and Correct PTS settings that don't work.
bsmith1051

Postby rvm » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:23 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby bsmith1051 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:30 pm

The only installed copies of either mplayer or smplayer are from the Nvidia PPA:
smplayer = 0.6.8 (svn r3213)
mplayer = 1.0.RC3 svn 20091207 nvidiaVDPAUppa3

If there are newer versions I don't think they've been compiled for Lucid AMD64 yet (or, at least, not posted on this PPA)
bsmith1051

Postby eliza » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:38 am

i read your post.i also had some problem but me busy in my exams after it i try to solve it.your post is so much interesting and informative.I like its so much and i says thanks on this nice sharing,
Info really nice
Amazing
good
eliza

Return to General