[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - A few suggestions or bugs

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

A few suggestions or bugs

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

A few suggestions or bugs

Postby JabbaBlue » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi Guys!

I love mplayer, and definitely love the smplayer frontend! amazing work.

I am using the smaplyer 0.6.8 SVN r321 with mplayer.exe version SVN r29355-4.5.0

The reason for the older mplayer.exe version was I could not get direct3d support working in the newer version back when I tried.

I just tried the features I am asking for or reporting in the latest portable version however, so they still seem relevant.

The first thing I noticed is that SMplayer stops working with the start menu in windows 7/server. For commonly used programs, they appear in the startmenu and a menu expands to show files recently opened with them. For SMplayer this menu never expands.

Now, a bit of a feature request, but is there any way to map smplayer to go to the next file in a directory? It is one of my most missed features from zoom player. In a director of tv shows you could just press pdgn to play the next one without having to leave the player. It made searching quite good as well. Is anything similar to this possible with smplayer?

Lastly, I was wondering if there is a way to make playlists from within windows exporer? e.g. if I select 20 mp3 files, when I open them now it opens 20 instances of smplayer all playing at once. Is there any way to change this so they would be added to a playlist instead?

Cheers!
JabbaBlue

Re: A few suggestions or bugs

Postby rvm » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:05 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby JabbaBlue » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:10 pm

JabbaBlue

Postby MacTheKnife » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:56 pm

MacTheKnife

Postby rvm » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby JabbaBlue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:39 pm

The playlist behaviour is still very odd. I would rather have many instances because I like to have many movies open at once, but would alo like to be able to open multiple files at once and have them automatically load in a playlist.

The enqueue option does not do this, and isnt really meant to. Is there any way to get the behaviour I describe?

Anyway, thanks for your other replies and all the hard work!
JabbaBlue

Return to General