This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

I cannot download smplayer by installer

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

I cannot download smplayer by installer

Postby just me » Sun May 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Hello,
I'm Spanish, I'm sorry if I make any mistake writing.
I'm using windows 7 in my Asus eee 1101 HA Seashell netbook.
I choose installing smplayer using the smplayer-0.6.9-win32-webdl.exe installer in order to have a recent MPlayer version installed. The file is downloaded ok, installation proceed ok too and when it have to download MPlayer the download begins ok. But when it seems to finish downloading Mplayer, appears a message that says that I've been disconected, that my internet conection has failed. And the same happens with the MPlayer essentials codecs.
The first thing I thank the firsts times it happened was that it should be an MPlayer server problem, but this does not happens in windows XP, but with W7 it is the only "internet" problem that I've had since I installed it 7 months ago.
So I supouse the problem to be some kind of incompatibility betwen windows 7 and the smplayer installer. Nevertheless I don't like the idea of turning on the XP compatibility for the installer executable, in order to execute some program it's ok, but in order to install... I supouse to have more problems in the future.

Need it some installer correction by the builders or can I try something?
just me

Return to General