This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

How to always start maximized?

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

How to always start maximized?

Postby Iamaguest » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Hello,
i really enjoy using SMPLAYER for quite a while now, it is really a pleasent player!
But there is one thing that i would like to know: How can i tell SMPLAYER to remember to start in a maximized window (NOT fullscreen!)? It is only opening in a normal window, where the playlist and the seekbar is hidden below my taskbar. I am using windows 7 professional.

Thanks in advance!
Iamaguest

Re: How to always start maximized?

Postby brittney24 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm not sure you can. It "should" work / remember, but doesn't seem to (entirely) in Vista, either. Doesn't matter if I check remember settings for all files. If I maximize the screen (not full screen) for a file, close SMP, then play same file again, it opens in 1/2 screen, or starts maximized w/ part of control bar (lower bar) below Window's task bar. Probably depending on file info.

For me, if I check "Start Videos in Full Screen," & have the floating control bar enabled, then the control bar appears when mouse over bottom of screen. But not the upper, main bar. You - can - access many functions on the main bar (when hidden) by R clicking screen - choosing option. Can also change size of floating control bar thru options / prefs.

Other setting I use: If in Interface, check "remember position & size" & select in "Resize" drop box, Never;
then exit / close SMP while in maximized mode (upper / lower control bars visible), & open another vid, it ALMOST opens up in maximized mode - most of time. I added a "close" button on control bar (closes SMP), to save mouse distance. He was complaining.

It pretty much re opens to full screen, w/ both bars visible, EXCEPT a little of lower control bar is hidden behind Win task / application bar. I just have to click maximize button - everytime, if want to see entire control bar.
brittney24

Return to General