[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - 'Zoom' no longer works correctly?

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

'Zoom' no longer works correctly?

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

'Zoom' no longer works correctly?

Postby TT1 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Zooming in on a video doesn't seem to work with the newer versions of mplayer. You can zoom out (make smaller), but can only zoom in as far as maximizing the video width to the smplayer window size. As a reference, r33488 works as it should.
TT1

Re: 'Zoom' no longer works correctly?

Postby TT1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Is this a problem with mplayer, or smplayer?
TT1

Postby rvm » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Zoom works for me with mplayer 34819 on linux.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby TT1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:32 pm

Thanks for trying this out, RVM.

I couldn't locate r34819, but I tried using 34818 and 34823. Those, and subsequent versions, appear to have the same problem. If the player is maximized then I can't zoom the image beyond the display borders. The OSD shows the number increasing up to 22.4, but the image doesn't increase in size. After 22.4 the image snaps down to its default size, e.g., 640x480. If the player is a non-maximized size, say, whatever the video size happens to be, then the image size DOES increase when I zoom, but only to the same maximum 'display' size above.

Again r33488 zooming works great, and allows perfect zooming -- seemingly without limit.

I'm trying this on WinXP-sp1 with a 1400x1050 display .. no other changes other than replacing mplayer.exe.
TT1

Postby rvm » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:06 am

It seems the problem happens with directx but it works ok with direct3d.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby redxii » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:17 pm

redxii

Postby TT1 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Ah, yes, the 'aspect ratio' problem. I managed to convince the mplayer group that there really WAS a problem, and they subsequently fixed it. It appears that that fix either resulted in, or didn't fix, a 'zoom' problem. I 'spose I'll try to report the current issue.

Meanwhile, how can I test the zoom function using just mplayer? I can't seem to identify which keys control the zoom ratio.
TT1

Postby TT1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Thanks to the MPlayer group, and Reimar in particular, the zoom problem with directx has been fixed in r35156...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/smplaye ... s/09_2012/
TT1

Return to General