This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Problem with black borders

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Re: Problem with black borders

Postby Sohrab » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:19 am

I tried to use the options SMPlayer passes to MPlayer on the command line. I had to remove the -slave and -wid options in order to make the file play. However, I don't get to see the subtitles, cannot make them visible, and cannot switch between different subtitles. If I remove the -osdlevel 0 option the subtitles are visible and choosable, but they will appear on the video, not on the black borders. I don't think that the black borders are even added and without them I cannot see whether the problem is reproduceable on the command line.

C:/Program Files/smplayer-portable/mplayer/mplayer.exe -noquiet -nofs -nomouseinput -sub-fuzziness 1 -identify -slave -vo directx, -ao dsound -nokeepaspect -priority abovenormal -framedrop -nodr -double -wid 459206 -colorkey 0x020202 -monitorpixelaspect 1 -ass -embeddedfonts -ass-line-spacing 0 -ass-font-scale 1 -ass-force-style PlayResX=512,PlayResY=320,Name=Default,Fontname=Arial,Fontsize=18,PrimaryColour=&H00ffffff,BackColour=&H00000000,OutlineColour=&H00000000,Bold=0,Italic=0,Alignment=2,BorderStyle=1,Outline=1,Shadow=2,MarginL=20,MarginR=20,MarginV=8 -fontconfig -font Arial -subfont-autoscale 0 -subfont-osd-scale 18 -subfont-text-scale 18 -subcp ISO-8859-1 -vid 0 -aid 0 -subpos 100 -volume 100 -nocache -ss 1353 -osdlevel 0 -vf-add screenshot -slices -channels 2 -af scaletempo,equalizer=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 -softvol -softvol-max 110 -nofontconfig [path/]filename
Sohrab

Postby rvm » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:29 pm

To add black borders you need to use the expand filter:
-vf-add expand=:::::1.6
rvm
Site Admin

Postby Sohrab » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks, I found the expand filter in the documentation and ran some tests on the command line using the -vf expand=::::1:4/3:16. Couldn't reproduce the problem though. Every mkv/H.264 file that shows the described behavior using SMPlayer works fine using the command line only. However, this gave me an idea: I passed the expand filter in SMPlayer under Options -> Adanced -> Options for MPlayer. The result was that two out of three files played perfectly fine! The third one still showed the problem, but the flickering was slowed down significantly!

I'm not sure what to think of this. Maybe something changed in recent builds of MPlayer such that it doesn't like the way SMPlayer passes some of the options to it?
Sohrab

Postby Sohrab » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:59 am

Finally, I succeeded in reproducing the problem on the command line:

mplayer.exe -vf-add expand=:::::1.6 [path/]filename

I reported this to the MPlayer developers. Maybe now they're able to fix this.
Sohrab

Postby Sohrab » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:44 pm

According to the MPlayer developers the problem should have been fixed in r35481. Redxii, I would appreciate it if you could create the binaries for this build whenever you get a chance, so that I can test this.
Sohrab

Postby Sohrab » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:24 am

Thanks for the new build. Good news! I just tested it and can confirm that the problem has been fixed.

Thank you very much for helping me with tracing this bug, Redxii and rvm! Your help is much appreciated!
Sohrab

Previous

Return to General