[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - mpv support?

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

mpv support?

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

mpv support?

Postby Starks » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:31 am

Any plans to support mpv, a new project by the mplayer2 devs?

https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/ ... README.rst
Starks

Re: mpv support?

Postby Deadsign » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Small bump....^^
Nah, seriously, are there anyplans to maybe support it?
Someone told me about it a few days ago and i wanted to try it out....but without a decent gui it is a pain in the ass.
Deadsign

Postby rvm » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:03 pm

mpv removed the slave mode. They say they want to implement something better, but meanwhile without the slave mode it's almost impossible to add support for it.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby flecht » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:13 pm

Unlike mplayer2, mpv is actively developed and, if I recall correctly, they asked front end developers for cooperation in designing new slave mode. I guess, they would be glad to hear your opinion about how it should look like.
flecht

Postby realnc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:29 pm

I suppose MPV is still not offering any kind of slave mode?
realnc

Postby rvm » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:59 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby DallyDemelza » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:48 am

They use new location for config files and new name for the binary
DallyDemelza

Postby SeijiSensei » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:13 pm

I built mpv from the git repository this morning on Kubuntu 13.10 (Saucy). It works cleanly from the command prompt but fails under smplayer with "Error parsing commandline option noquiet: option not found". I cannot seem to find an easy solution to editing the list of commands smplayer sends to the engine. I can add items from the Preferences menu, but I don't see a way to suppress specific smplayer switches. I looked a bit in ~./config/smplayer/smplayer.ini without much luck. Is there a simple way to control what gets passed to the backend?
SeijiSensei

Postby rvm » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:25 pm

They removed or renamed many options in mpv. You'd have to change the sources of smplayer (mainly core.cpp). But after that it still won't work because of the changes in the slave mode.

Because of so many changes I think supporting mplayer, mplayer2 and mpv in smplayer at the same time will be almost impossible.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby SeijiSensei » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks! I find mplayer2 does all I really need anyway.
SeijiSensei

Next

Return to General