[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Not able to take screen shots

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Not able to take screen shots

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Re: Not able to take screen shots

Postby janwilhelms » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:26 pm

janwilhelms

Postby rvm » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:13 am

Can you send the smplayer log (options -> view logs) after trying to take a screenshot?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby janwilhelms » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:29 am

janwilhelms

Postby rvm » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:49 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby janwilhelms » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:15 pm

janwilhelms

Postby janwilhelms » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:29 pm

janwilhelms

Postby rvm » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:19 pm

I think the problem is that the option --screenshot-directory is not passed to mpv, so it's probably trying to save the screenshots in /usr/bin.

What's the folder for the screenshots (preferences -> general)? Does it exist?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby janwilhelms » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:45 pm

Yes, of course it does exist. It is in my case /windows/d/Zwischen/Screenshots – an NTFS partition (win's notorious D:\) which I mount under Linux via /fstab. Every Linux program I use (GIMP, Libre Office, even Firefox and Thunderbird etc. pp.) writes properly to it… And I certainly can copy files to it with any file manager without root rights. But as stated before: Even if I change that directory with ctrl-p->general to a "pure" Linux directory (like /home/USER) to which I of course have writing access: the same error/problem.
janwilhelms

Postby rvm » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:24 am

Ok, I found out the problem. The version of mpv that you're using (0.9.2) doesn't have the option --screenshot-directory. It was added on version 0.10.0. So you need to upgrade mpv.

Edit: I've just added a fix (version r7280) so now screenshots should work again with older versions of mpv.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby janwilhelms » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:30 am

Thank you very much! :-)

After upgrading MPV to 0.14 (via deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mc3man/mpv-tests/ubuntu xenial main) I now can take screenshots with SMPlayer 15.11.0.7247.

(I used to fail to build a .deb from SMPlayers r-Versions, this is why I chose this approach.)
janwilhelms

PreviousNext

Return to General