[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Subtitles will not load

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Subtitles will not load

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Re: Subtitles will not load

Postby casanto » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:47 pm

casanto

Postby casanto » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Hmmm, just made a post but it didn't got here?!

Anyway, i upgraded to 6690 (64bit) or something like that, the version on the main site, subtitles didn't work. I choose mpv, windows 7 64 here. I uninstalled and installed 6719 from unstable. I reset the preferences too. Same thing, no subtitles. Oh, choosing mplayer instead of mpv, make the subs work again.
casanto

Postby rvm » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:08 pm

The problem is under investigation, but I think mpv fails to find the fonts.
Could you try to "enable windows fonts" in preferences -> subtitles? This may fix the problem.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby casanto » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:07 pm

I just reinstalled with mpv enabled, 64bit version. And now the subtitles work?! Windows fonts are not enabled. I enabled windows fonts but had to restart smplayer 2 times to get ot working good. It freezed at the first time so i closed it, but i think it was searching for the fonts, therefore the freeze.
casanto

Postby wizneeraj » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:59 pm

I tried the "enable windows fonts" in preferences -> subtitles, and it worked.

But, the SMPlayer was in a non responsive state for about 2 mins and then the video loaded with subtitles
wizneeraj

Postby rvm » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:36 pm

When you enable the windows fonts, the first time mpv is called a font cache is created and that could take a lot of time. That's why it seems frozen.

Unfortunately mpv doesn't output any info about the cache creation so smplayer can't inform the user about it.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby casanto » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:35 pm

Can't smplayer throw a warning when the user enables windows fonts?
casanto

Previous

Return to General