[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - SMTube in GNU/Linux Debian Testing [SOLVED]

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

SMTube in GNU/Linux Debian Testing [SOLVED]

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

SMTube in GNU/Linux Debian Testing [SOLVED]

Postby gqp » Thu May 14, 2015 1:00 pm

I have been trying to compile the "smtube-15.5.10.tar.bz2" file found in the web http://sourceforge.net/projects/smtube/ ... 10.tar.bz2, but inside the package I don't find the instructions for compile with Linux and the ./configure file doesn't exist.

I don't know how I can manipulate the file Makefile. If I run "make" I cannot compile nothing.

When I compile other programs using "./configure, make, and make install" I can add a PREFIX to install the software where I like, and I don't need to use root for that If I install the program in my HOME folder, but inside the smtube package I only see a "Makefile" and there isn't any text note with the instructions to install that program.

I wonder if I could install smtube, but without using root for nothing.

How can I compile and install Smtube into my HOME folder?

Why GNU/Linux Debian do not have the new Smtube .deb package yet into the official Sid or experimental repository?

I enjoy Smtube very much, but I prefer using software proceeding only from inside the official GNU/Debian repository. I don't trust very much in software I find outside the Debian repository.

Inside the package of Smtube I can find folders with the name "Windows". Is that for Microsoft Windows? I only use GNU/Linux.

Thanks.
Last edited by gqp on Wed May 27, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gqp

Re: SMTube in GNU/Linux Debian Testing

Postby rvm » Thu May 14, 2015 3:35 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby gqp » Sat May 16, 2015 3:49 am

SOLVED.

Thank you very much for the information, rvm. Now I know how to compile with qmake if I need to do that in the future, thanks.

I don't have part of the software that you showed me installed. When I try to install it, a lot of packages try to install too because of the dependencies, so I proved another solution.

I visited the following site:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/rvm/smplayer/u ... /s/smtube/

And downloaded the following package:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/rvm/smplayer/u ... 1_i386.deb

Then I extracted the deb package content, and inside the folder bin I found the smtube binary.

Despite I am using Debian Stretch, that binary for Ubuntu works for me.

Now I'm using the smtube application again.

Thank you very much. All the best.

Bye.
gqp

Postby stevo » Sat May 16, 2015 9:07 pm

Yes, adding package building tools will involve pulling in other packages; not really a problem except with very limited disk space and/or very limited download bandwidth. Adding those packages will not slow your system down. Your binary hack did work, but is not a recommended practice. This article in the Debian wiki has some very cogent advice:

https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian

Also, I think zlib1g-dev is no longer required to build the new version--at least my packages build and work without it.

There's some packages I built for Jessie here currently: http://main.mepis-deb.org/mx/testrepo/p ... /s/smtube/
stevo

Postby gqp » Sun May 17, 2015 11:23 pm

Stevo, thank you for the information.

Yes, I'm using an old personal computer with a very limited disk space. Despite I got the SMTube binary from a site unconnected with the official Debian repository, I think http://ppa.launchpad.net/ is a known place that contains secure software, so no problem. The SMTube binary is installed in the home folder and I didn't use root privileges for nothing.

I couldn't make a .deb package because I need to install some compiling extra software and the disk space is almost full, also I live in the countryside and here the Internet speed is not very high.

All the best. Bye.
gqp

Postby stevo » Tue May 26, 2015 3:08 am

stevo

Postby gqp » Wed May 27, 2015 11:02 pm

gqp

Return to General