This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

smplayer doesn't remember time position TS Files

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

smplayer doesn't remember time position TS Files

Postby mhoople » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:20 pm

TV recordings from a pctv tuner. The files seem to play fine but it always goes back to start when I close and reopen it. Other files like mpg and mp4 do go back to where I was. In settings "remember time position" is checked. Is there something else which could be done? Thanks
mhoople

Re: smplayer doesn't remember time position TS Files

Postby mhoople » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:51 am

I actually found out if I'm using mplayer it remembers. If using mpv player it doesn't.
mhoople

Postby rvm » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:09 am

I made a change in the development version and now it might work with mpv.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby mhoople » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:15 pm

I was having a separate, new problem before I read your reply. Maybe there's a connection? I was listening to a podcast and I noticed the womans voice was a little too high. The one before it I noticed the guys voice was unusually low and speaking slowly. These are downloaded, prerecorded podcasts. As far as mpv remembering the time position on ts files it still started from the beginning for me. Strangely though when using mplayer it would go about 15 minutes ahead of where I stopped. I tried it a number of times and it went ahead 15-20 minutes each time?
mhoople

Return to General