[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Display time (time_label action)

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Display time (time_label action)

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Display time (time_label action)

Postby loug » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Sounds like a small thing, I know, but the Display time on the floating control has white numbers on a black background in rel 15.11 (making it easy to read from across the room). In rel 16.8 it has black numbers on a white background and we can't read it.

Is there a way to change this in 16.8 or do I need to delete 16.8 and reinstall from the Ubuntu repository?

Thank you.
loug

Re: Display time (time_label action)

Postby rvm » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:02 pm

What GUI and theme are you using? (Preferences -> Interface)

Can you send a screenshot?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby loug » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:27 pm

The interface GUI is Basic GUI - the style is default. I can't get a screenshot from the other computer right now (it's in use) but the screen looks the same as this except the times are black numbers on white background

Screenshot_2016-09-08_17-17-32.png
This is the 15.11 screen in the version from the Ubuntu repository
Screenshot_2016-09-08_17-17-32.png (36.59 KiB) Viewed 1472 times
loug

Postby rvm » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:13 am

Yes, the style of the time_label panel has been simplified in the latest versions. I suggest to update the package smplayer-themes and use the H2O or the Masalla style.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby loug » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:31 pm

Neither of your suggestions restored Display Time to the white-on-black style we find readable. I know that many users like to tinker with styles but I'm simply interested in functionality (which is why I've been a fan of Smplayer for so many years - because it WORKS). I don't understand why adding new themes would require changing the existing default.

I uninstalled rel 16.8, removed the ppa and returned to 15.11 which is in the Ubuntu 16.04 repo and has the Display Time format we like and are used to.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
loug

Postby rvm » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:57 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby loug » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:26 am

Thanks for your help, rvm - I have saved the above instructions and will use them if I decide to upgrade again.
loug

Return to General