This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Smplayer stopped remembering the window size and position

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Smplayer stopped remembering the window size and position

Postby colibris79 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:47 am

Hi!
Smplayer stopped remembering the window size and position after reboot and every time it opens in a window that fills the whole screen. I change it and during that session it keeps working fine. I am using 1.6.9 (qt 4.8.6).
colibris79

Re: Smplayer stopped remembering the window size and positio

Postby colibris79 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:23 am

I am not completely sure, but it usually happens when I open new .mkv files and I feel it is not so related with rebooting. I will try to keep an eye on it and see if I figure out exactly when it happens.
colibris79

Postby colibris79 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:48 pm

Correction. It also happens with mp3 and other files :( .
colibris79

Postby rvm » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:23 pm

If you find a way to reproduce the problem consistently that would help a lot to identify the problem and eventually fix it.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby colibris79 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:57 am

Ok. I think I found what was happening. I had a previous configuration file for mplayer stored in ~/.mplayer/config. I deleted the file and I haven't experienced that in a couple of days. I've tried all kind of files and rebooted a couple of times and everything seems fine :D
It also solved a problem with the playlist, when I had a playlist going with the "repeat" on, after the last file it wouldn't go to the first file, it would keep repeating that last file (I had no A or B marked on that file).
colibris79

Return to General