[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - stuck with toolbar after upgrade

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

stuck with toolbar after upgrade

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

stuck with toolbar after upgrade

Postby djk44883 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:51 pm

Since I've upgraded to version 19.9 on linux mint 17.3 I've lost customization of the UI. I disable the main toolbar - and it returns ever time I open smplayer. Is this a new feature? During past upgrades best I can recall, customizations I've make to the control bars retained with the upgrade... this didn't happen this time. I have the same struggle with the toolbar on two different systems. Is the main toolbar now mandatory?
djk
djk44883

Re: stuck with toolbar after upgrade

Postby rvm » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:05 am

No it's not. It's a bug. I'll try to fix it.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby djk44883 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:44 am

djk44883

Postby rvm » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:00 am

I think it's fixed in svn r8153.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby aamadis » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:34 am

Tried to figure this out myself, but I'm stuck. How do I get svn 8153? I went to the download page and used the command to get the latest svn source. I see the files in my home folder (linux) with the new commits. Do I have to compile this? Where can I find instructions for that. Sorry for not understanding this.
aamadis

Postby rvm » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:12 am

The file Install.txt contains info to compile and create a deb package from the sources.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby aamadis » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Ahh, something must have gone wrong the first time I tried to grab the source. The download must have stalled and I didn't get all the files and subfolders. Just tried it again and now the complete list of folders are there. That's making more sense now. Thanks for the clue to the problem.

e.t.a. Got it! Thanks Ricardo! :D
aamadis

Postby userjazz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:14 pm

For those who are experiencing this bug and don't want to change versions until the next stable release, here's a "dirty", temporary fix if you don't want to see the main toolbar on every startup. (Note: this solution only works if you're someone like me, who doesn't use the main toolbar *at all*, as this involves emptying all the toolbar's contents.)

Open SMPlayer. Go to menu Options - Toolbars - Edit main toolbar. Use left arrow button to remove ALL items from the "Current actions" pane; click OK.

The toolbar should now not only be empty, but have shrunk to a barely noticeable sliver underneath the main menu, basically blending into the window border, so you don't even notice it's there unless you're looking for it. (If the toolbar is empty but hasn't shrunk, try temporarily dragging it to a new position; this appears to "reset" its geometry and it should then shrink.)
userjazz

Postby djk44883 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:06 pm

djk44883

Return to General