This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Mpv > 23 = flicker when changing volume inside fullscreen

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Mpv > 23 = flicker when changing volume inside fullscreen

Postby fulalas » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:53 am

Hi, my first post here. Thanks for this wonderful frontend, rvm. I'm following your work since Doom9 -- BTW, what happened with Doom9 since it seems to be abandoned?

The problem I'm having right now is related to the combination of SMPlayer and Mpv 23 or higher (static or dynamic linked). If you go fullscreen and change the volume using a shortcut, the screen flickers for some seconds, but if you do the same thing using just Mpv pseudo-gui (without SMPlayer), there's no flicker.

I'm using Porteus 3.2.2 + kernel 4.9 + LXQt 0.11 + Pentium G4560 (Kabylake) + Mesa 17 + default SMPlayer output driver and no hw decode.

Thanks!
:)
fulalas

Re: Mpv > 23 = flicker when changing volume inside fullscree

Postby rvm » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:55 pm

At least in my computer this doesn't happen. Tested using ubuntu 16.04 and mpv 0.24.

Does it make any difference if you turn off the option "repaint the background of the video window" in preferences -> advanced?
rvm
Site Admin

Re: Mpv > 23 = flicker when changing volume inside fullscree

Postby fulalas » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:49 am

Thanks for the reply, rvm. I've updated Xorg and Mesa, and now everything is working flawlessly :)
fulalas

Return to General