[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Aligning the video to the top (black bar only at bottom) ?

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Aligning the video to the top (black bar only at bottom) ?

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Aligning the video to the top (black bar only at bottom) ?

Postby JonasCz » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi All !

Is there a way to align the video to the top of the window (or screen when fullscreen), leaving only a black bar at the bottom, and then have the subtitles in this black bar ?

I know about the "Add black borders" filter - for me, this only works to an extent though, as the subtitles sill partially overlay the video.

I've looked at mpv's --video-align-x=<-1-1> option () - however, adding this to "Options for mpv" under advanced options does not do anything, unless I check the option "run mpv in it's own window" - but then I don't get subtitles in the black border under the video, and enabling the "add black border" filter puts the video back in the center of the screen with the subtitles (semi-) on top.

Is there any way to get this to work ?

To clarify here's some screenshots. What I have:

What I'd like to get:

Thanks
JonasCz

Re: Aligning the video to the top (black bar only at bottom)

Postby rvm » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:49 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby JonasCz » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:17 pm

Thank you, this works perfectly !
JonasCz

Postby JonasCz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:28 am

Hi all - I hope it's okay to revive old threads..

Sofar, this has been working great, but, now, I have a green background under the subtitles, like this:

Any idea what's causing this ? I've tried different video output drivers with no change. Can't really pin it down to a specific change or update either..
JonasCz

Postby rvm » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Are you using mpv 0.27?

That's a bug in that version with the expand filter. I think it's fixed in newer versions.

You can use the pad filter instead:
lavfi=[pad=aspect=4/3:x=(ow-iw)/2:y=0]
rvm
Site Admin

Return to General