[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Regression or intended change?

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Regression or intended change?

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Regression or intended change?

Postby ignite » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:20 am

Hi,

it looks like newer versions of smplayer (all versions after 16.04 / windows ) do ignore the time position of a file IF the files was opened via drag & drop.
In this case smplayer will start from the very beginning. This is not the case in version 16.04 or older.
Is this a regression, which came with the switch to QT5 framework?
If it was an intended change, would it be possible to get an option to select the old behaviour?

thanks
ignite

Re: Regression or intended change?

Postby rvm » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:16 am

I can't reproduce this problem in my computer (tested on windows 7).
rvm
Site Admin

Postby ignite » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:01 am

I can reproduce it on with all versions > 16.04 on all windows installations ( xp / 7 / 10 )
Did not try linux.

here are the steps to reproduce (my description in the first post might be too vague.

1. play file "A" and stop/pause playback
2. open and play file "B" and stop/pause playback
3. open file "A" by drag & drop on smplayer window.

result: playback of file "A" starts from 0:00, not at the last time position

using version 16.04 playback will start at the last time position.

in fact you can skip step 2. Just drag & drop file "A" on smplayer window and playback will restart from the very beginning and not at the last time position.
Even if playback was paused it will start from 0:00 if you drag&drop the same file on smplayer.
ignite

Postby rvm » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:56 pm

I followed your steps but still I can't reproduce the problem. Maybe something in your configuration of smplayer is causing it but I don't know which one.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby ignite » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:11 pm

This is very strange. I tried again with smplayer-portable-17.4-x64, extracted into a new directory. No settings changed.
Problem is reproducible.

Tried again, renamed the .smplayer settings directory from the non portable installation. Problem is reproducible.

For me this is consistent with all versions >16.04 on different computers.
Are you testing with a debug build?
ignite

Postby ignite » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:47 pm

ignite

Postby rvm » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:55 pm

Ok, I can reproduce the problem now.
Another workaround is to disable the option to add files to the playlist automatically.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby rvm » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 pm

I think the problem is fixed in svn r8533.
rvm
Site Admin

Return to General