This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Requests

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Requests

Postby user_editor » Thu May 18, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm not sure if having more than one topic in a post is allowed. If not, please be patient..I won't do it after this.

First, option to reset volume on file load, not only program start. The latter is possible by unchecking General->Audio->Volume->Global volume. Even if this option is unchecked, every newly opened file will use the current volume unless the player was closed first. If one was listening to a file with low sound and increased the volume then opened another file with loud sound without closing the player first, it could be a very awful experience.

Second, option to hide the menu bar. Some of us just want to watch videos with just the control bar visible. No menu bar and no toolbar. Mini Gui(doesn't remove the menu bar) or Compact mode(removes the control bar) aren't doing this. I read somewhere that this is doable so please consider adding this feature.

Third, option to set multiple A-B sections and save such configuration for the current file so that if it will be played again, there'll be no need to mark the same A-B sections again. I haven't experimented much on A-B section feature so maybe this request already exists. If so, please teach me.

Fourth, option to display zoom level, playback rate, gpu-use indicator(like in MPC-BE) and volume in the area in the control bar where "video info" can be displayed. It's beside the "Repeat playlist" icon and on top of progress bar. I'm using Mac skinnable gui. If in Basic GUI, they would be displayed in the status bar. I know volume is being displayed every time you modify the volume. But that's during modification and not always.

Fifth, add an option in the GUI to modify resizer(bilinear, bicubic, etc), surface format, etc.. If it won't be added, where and how can I modify them? command line will do if there's no other option.

Sixth, option to display OSD info relative to the player's border instead of the video's border.

Seventh, option to display aspect ratio in OSD info in the form A:B instead of in floating point form.

Eight, favorite folders with the ability to assign keyboard shortcuts to them. My(I doubt that it's just me) media files aren't in just one folder. They're separated for a reason. Sometimes i add or delete some files on those folders so they're being updated from time to time. This feature can make going back and forth these folders faster and more convenient.
user_editor

Return to General