This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Can SMPlayer Rotate a video more than 90degrees?

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Can SMPlayer Rotate a video more than 90degrees?

Postby colin1951uk » Wed May 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Hello there,

I've just recently hit on SMPlayer and it's rapidly becoming a favorite.

But there is one thing I want to do with it and that's rotate a video more than 90degrees and that I can't seem to do.

I find many videos shot from mobile phones start upside down and need to be rotated a full 360degrees to look right.

If I keep selecting the Rotate Video option (clockwise or opposite) in SMPlayer it just goes to 90degrees and won't go any further.

Is the rotate setting fixed at 90 degrees or can it go further using maybe some keyboard shortcuts or something I'm not familiar with yet please?

If it can't do more than 90degrees I might like to ask for something greater to be added in a future release (if it's allowed.)

Advice appreciated.

Thanks.
colin1951uk

Re: Can SMPlayer Rotate a video more than 90degrees?

Postby rvm » Thu May 25, 2017 1:26 am

Can you provide a link to a sample video with this problem?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby colin1951uk » Thu May 25, 2017 10:50 am

This is typical: https://www.brocast.com/media/89507

Watching it online it's normal but if I download it and watch it through ANY media player it's upside down.

Using PotPlayer I can rotate it 180degrees and it looks as it should but I can't do that rotation with SMPlayer.

I don't know why it downloads as upside down, it must be a problem with the hosting site, but I see similar things on Periscope and other sites.

Hope it helps.
colin1951uk

Postby rvm » Thu May 25, 2017 8:40 pm

If you select the options "flip image" and "mirror image" from the video menu, the video looks properly.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby colin1951uk » Fri May 26, 2017 10:09 am

Oh I see, it's as simple as that.

I've actually tried it on a couple of Periscope videos that I couldn't rotate enough and Flipping works perfectly.

I obviously need to check out all the options on video (rotation was the obvious one to use) to get used to SMPlayers full potential.

Thanks for the advice and sorry if I've been somewhat dumb :oops:
colin1951uk

Return to General