[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - MPV Options Problem

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

MPV Options Problem

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

MPV Options Problem

Postby Yamabushi » Sat May 27, 2017 1:34 pm

I'm having problems getting SMPlayer to pass through options to MPV successfully. When I run MPV directly via command line with "mpv --audio-device='alsa/hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=2' --audio-spdif=dts-hd,dts,ac3,eac3,truehd filename.mkv" DTS, DTS-HDMA, Dolby Digital and Dolby TrueHD all pass through to my receiver without issue. When using SMPlayer and I try to pass those parameters through to MPV via Preferences --> Advanced --> Options for mplayer/mpv --> Options I don't get any audio at all. FWIW, I've tried the parameters with both the "--" and "-" prefix but neither works What is the correct way to pass through those parameters? Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Cheers,
Pete
Yamabushi

Re: MPV Options Problem

Postby rvm » Sat May 27, 2017 6:11 pm

Can you send the mpv log?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby Yamabushi » Sun May 28, 2017 7:41 am

Attachments
mpv.log
MPV Log
(6.06 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
Yamabushi

Postby ripeg » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:05 am

Hello guys! I am new here and I will try to describe my problem. During 3 months i was trying to play 4K movies on my PC. I have a I7 - 4770K, 8GB RAM, and Nvidia Gefroce 1060. After I tried many players and can't play the 4K movies, I knew SmPlayer. This saved my life. With it, i watch all my 4K movies smoothly and with beautiful colors. But I am having an issue: All my movies that have sound DTS, DTS-HD Master or DTS:X work perfectly, my receiver passtrough perfectly, just enabling the option in the player "AC/DTS trasmiting under S/PDIF and HDMI. BUT, now my problem: the movies that have sound Dolvy Digital or Dolby True-HD don't work. The receiver do no recognize these sounds. Is there a solution? What do I have to do to put these sounds to work? I appreciatte your help and wonder if there's a solution.
ripeg

Postby rvm » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:04 pm

Is there any error message in the mpv log when this happens?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby ripeg » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:41 pm

How do I see this? Sorry, but I do not know nothing about this. If you tell me how to see the log, and what do I have to see, I do it for you.
ripeg

Postby ripeg » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:17 pm

rvm, i found it! I am very sad because now i am having problem with DTS too. I turn on my PC and play a DTS movie, and do not work at all. Yesterday, it was running perfecty. Look the logs:
Attachments
DTS.log
(6.72 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
TrueHD.log
(5.77 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
ripeg

Postby rvm » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:01 am

It seems mpv can't find the audio device. Go to the menu Audio -> Send audio to, and check if it's using the correct one.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby ripeg » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:25 am

rmv, i have tried to do this. When I did this, all the DTS or DTS HD-MA worked fine. But with Dolby Digital or Dolby True-HD I did this too, but nothing change. I was looking on the logs and I noted two things between the log of the DTS-HD MA movie and the Dolby True-HD (in bold). Look:

DTS HD-MA:
AO: [wasapi] 192000Hz 7.1 8ch spdif-dt[/u]shd[/b]
Using hardware decoding (d3d11va).
[ffmpeg] Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter 'mpv_src_in0' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'
[lavfi] failed to configure the filter graph
Disabling filter lavfi.00 because it has failed.
[ffmpeg] Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter 'mpv_src_in0' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'
Disabling filter lavfi.01 because it has failed.
VO: [gpu] 1920x808 d3d11[nv12]
INFO_VIDEO_DSIZE=1920x808
MPV_VERSION=mpv 0.28.0-524-gdc16d85379
INFO_VIDEO_WIDTH=1920
INFO_VIDEO_HEIGHT=808
INFO_VIDEO_ASPECT=2.376238
INFO_VIDEO_FPS=23.976025
INFO_VIDEO_FORMAT=h264
INFO_VIDEO_CODEC=h264 (H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10)
INFO_AUDIO_FORMAT=dts
INFO_AUDIO_CODEC=spdif_dts_hd (libavformat/spdifenc audio pass-through decoder)
INFO_AUDIO_RATE=192000
INFO_AUDIO_NCH=8
INFO_LENGTH=6204.203000

DOLBY TRUE-HD

Using hardware decoding (d3d11va).
Disabling filter lavfi.00 because it has failed.
Disabling filter lavfi.01 because it has failed.
VO: [gpu] 1920x800 d3d11[nv12]
INFO_VIDEO_DSIZE=1920x800
AO: [wasapi] 48000Hz stereo 2ch float
MPV_VERSION=mpv 0.28.0-524-gdc16d85379
INFO_VIDEO_WIDTH=1920
INFO_VIDEO_HEIGHT=800
INFO_VIDEO_ASPECT=2.400000
INFO_VIDEO_FPS=23.976025
INFO_VIDEO_FORMAT=h264
INFO_VIDEO_CODEC=h264 (H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10)
INFO_AUDIO_FORMAT=truehd
INFO_AUDIO_CODEC=truehd (TrueHD)
INFO_AUDIO_RATE=48000
INFO_AUDIO_NCH=8
INFO_LENGTH=6582.880000

This can be the problem?? Thank you again for your help.
ripeg

Postby rvm » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Try this: go to preferences -> advanced -> mplayer/mpv, type this in the "options" field:

--audio-spdif=ac3,dts-hd,truehd

Let me know if this fixes the problem.
rvm
Site Admin

Next

Return to General