[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Development has been resumed

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Development has been resumed

The latest news about SMPlayer.

Development has been resumed

Postby rvm » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:09 am

I've been busy some time with other stuff but now I hope development in smplayer will be resumed soon.
rvm
Site Admin

Re: Development will be resumed

Postby Ademos » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:16 pm

I'm very happy to hear that development will resume.

With Mplayer2's new features now available, these are exciting times for mplayer!

- Ordered Chapters
--- now work well

- While paused
--- Settings can be applied
--- Video can be navigated forward or backward

Smplayer is already working great with these features, but a resumption of development is still great news!
Keep up the great work rvm!
Ademos

Postby Surkow » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:54 pm

And don't forget frame-exact seeking which is not limited to keyframes - an often requested feature on the SMPlayer forums. I already relayed this over a year ago to rvm.
Surkow

Postby redxii » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:29 am

Well, I've been testing Sherpya's MPlayer builds and have problems mostly with multithreading beyond r33126 that don't seem to occur when using it in command line even with the same options. Not sure what the issue is there. I only found out that 'Draw video using slices' doesn't mix with MT and certain formats.
redxii

Postby stevo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:20 am

I wonder if anyone has checked out this fork of SMPlayer.

http://www.umplayer.com/

I've built a couple sets of deb packages--the minimum version of QT 4 required is 4.6.

Since commits to their svn repo have died since August, I wonder if the projects could be merged.
stevo

Postby jammon101 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:52 am

Yeah, I second that. While Umplayer is largely a Smplayer derivative, it has some nice new features such as good support for mplayer2 and (apparently) vdpau (tried using Smplayer and Umplayer with the same mplayer2 backend. Smplayer was installed from Ubuntu's repository) and Youtube viewer. It also looks very modern and polished. :mrgreen: For the period of time when Smplayer seems to have stopped developing I have switched to Umplayer as my main mplayer frontend, it would be nice if some of the enhancements can be incorporated back into upstream if feasible.

As for the QT requirement, I think most recent Linux distros would be more than adequate. Even Ubuntu 10.04 comes with qt4.6.3 and can be updated to qt7 by adding the kde backport repo. I think it must have made it into even Debian stable by now.
jammon101

Postby rvm » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:58 am

I like the possibility to play youtube videos in umplayer. Maybe I'll add it to smplayer.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby realnc » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:06 am

What's up with this thing:

https://github.com/lachs0r/SMPlayer2

Calls itself "SMPlayer2" and says it's targeted at mplayer2 users. I noticed it because my Linux distro now includes this fork in the default repo.
realnc

Postby ganymede » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:01 am

ganymede

Postby jammon101 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:06 pm

jammon101

Next

Return to News