[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - New: vdpau configuration

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

New: vdpau configuration

The latest news about SMPlayer.

New: vdpau configuration

Postby rvm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:52 pm

I added in svn 3627 a configuration dialog which allows to select the vdpau codecs to be used. I added this because I got reports saying that not all vdpau codecs work with some graphic cards.

My graphic card is not supported by vdpau so I can't test this properly. So I ask you guys with graphic cards supported by vdpau to test this feature and check if everything works ok or not.

vdpau.png
vdpau.png (60.84 KiB) Viewed 5498 times

Package for Ubuntu 11.10:
rvm
Site Admin

Re: New: vdpau configuration

Postby WiseLord » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Can you make new strings from this dialog translatable?
Russian translator
WiseLord

Postby jammon101 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:39 am

Compiled it and tested it out, it works with vdpau, but it always does. Now I am using mplayer2 instead of mplayer as the backend, it still works. However, I notice that cpu usage is still lower with Umplayer. I play the same clip using smplayer and Umplayer with mplayer2 as the backend for both, with Smplayer the cpu usage is around 8-10% and shoots up to around 20% in some places, but with Umplayer it never exceeds 11-12% and generally stays around 4-5%. In both cases vdpau is being used (with vlc, which does not use vdoau, cpu usage is above 80%) It may be because Umplayer is more customized for mplayer2. I haven't tested with "normal" mplayer yet, maybe with mplayer the cpu usage will be closer. I am using Ubuntu 11.04.

I havem't changed the default setting for vdpau. It is as shown in your screenshot. Maybe I am not doing the kind of test you are interested in? Do let me know so I can try something else to help you gathering data.

Thanks for the great work, please keep it up!
jammon101

Postby rvm » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:20 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby WiseLord » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:42 pm

One little note about vdpau and mplayer2.

Using "vdpau" video output in KDE with Kwin effects enabled leads to 100% CPU load by X process.
This can be solved by using "vdpau:queuetime_windowed=0:queuetime_fs=0" instead of "vdpau".

Problem doesn't come with mplayer, only with mplayer2.

Maybe this note will be useful for new vdpau configuration dialog.
Russian translator
WiseLord

Postby rvm » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:38 pm

To help test this feature, I uploaded a package for Ubuntu 11.10:
rvm
Site Admin

Return to News