- New option to select the fps for external subtitles.
- The video equalizer dialog has been rewritten and now it allows to switch on/off the software equalizer from there.
- Now smplayer checks for updates automatically and notifies the user if
a new version is found.
- Support for encoding ISO-8859-16 for subtitles.
- The support for MPlayer2 has been improved and now we provide an optional package for Windows which includes MPlayer2. MPlayer2 has interesting new features like support for mkv ordered chapters and precise seeks.
- New translations: Thai and Hebrew.
- Some bugfixes.
- Fix for Youtube playback.
- A skinnable interface has been added. Several skins are included.
- Support for 6.1 and 7.1 audio output.
- A "Privacy" section in the preferences dialog has been added. You can disable saving the recent files or URLs.
- The main window can be moved by dragging the video area.
- Fix for a freeze that may happen on Windows XP.
- (Windows) The font cache is created before showing the GUI.
- Fix for youtube.
- A toolbar editor has been added. Now it's possible to select the buttons and controls that want to appear in the toolbars.
- New video filters: gradfun, blur and sharpen.
- Now it's possible to change the GUI (default, mini, mpc) at runtime, no restart required.
- sub files from opensubtitles should work again.
- (Youtube) Recognize short urls (like this one: http://y2u.be/F5OcZBVPwOA)
- Better support for chapters in video files.
- Bug fix: remote m3u files work from the favorites menu or command line.
- Internal changes in the single instance option (switch to QtSingleApplication).