Well, I want to tell you that I'm working on it. It's not easy, since every single command has to be reimplemented, so it will take time. I actually don't plan to add full support for it, only the basic stuff will work. For the moment I'm using the slave mode which the mpv developers don't want to be used...
These are the things that currently work:
- play, pause, change volume, mute, seek (including precise seek), fullscreen
- frame step
- change contrast, brightness, hue (doesn't work with software equalizer), saturation, gamma
- selection of audio, video and subtitle track
- change visibility of subtitles
- ass styles
- load of external audio file
- video filters: add black borders, gradfun, hqdn3d, blur, sharpen, scale, noise, deblock, dering, deinterlace, rotate, flip and mirror
- play audio files (if the file includes an image it's displayed)
- selection of chapter (mkv)
- load external subtitles
- change the position of subtitles
- change speed
- audio filters: karaoke, stereo mode => mono, extrastereo, volnorm, scaletempo, equalizer
- audio delay
- subtitle delay
- Bluray (only tested with an iso file)
- Audio CD (with problems)
- Thumbnail generator
At this point most of the options from the menus "Play", "Video", "Audio" and "Subtitles" work.
I added support for DVD as well, however there's a problem with the DVD menus: I can't find a way to pass to mpv the mouse position, so it's not possible to select the options with the mouse
This version is not available yet, since it's experimental and not ready to be used. However I wanted to let you know that I'm working on this. I'll update the post daily to inform about the new things working.