This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Mpv 0.9.x

Forum to talk about the development of SMPlayer (code, patches...).

Mpv 0.9.x

Postby GeneBenson » Thu May 21, 2015 7:38 am

I know you are very busy with the new smtube so please consider this a heads up.
Starting with mpv version 0.9.x, in the smplayer "View info and properties" window bitrate for both "Video" and "Initial Audio Stream" show "0 kbps" for all file types.

No big deal. Just thought I'd mention it.

P.s. Love then new smtube!!
GeneBenson

Re: Mpv 0.9.x

Postby rvm » Thu May 21, 2015 11:07 pm

Fixed in svn r6951.

Now mpv uses a new method to calculate the bitrate but it's necessary to play some seconds to get the bitrate. So now SMPlayer waits 12 seconds before asking for the bitrates. It's not perfect, it you open a video and immediately pause it you will still get 0 as video bitrate.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby GeneBenson » Fri May 22, 2015 7:38 am

Wow! That was quick. Thank you very much.

P.s. I just noticed the option to "Delete file from disk". Probably been there for months. I was hoping for this option. Works great.
GeneBenson

Postby stts » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:10 pm

I have the latest 17.3.0 64bit version and the bitrate in information reads as zero no matter how long the file plays. The file is an mkv movie. Otherwise the player seems to work good for me on my grossly underpowered win7 PC.

Update, I didnt know what MPV was and just figured out that there are 2 engines. The Mplayer engine is the one that showed "0" for bitrate. When I switched to the MPV engine, I started to get bitrates. Thats good enough for me since the MPV engine also runs well on my slow and low memory PC. :)
stts

Return to Development