[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Failing to build on Debian Testing

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Failing to build on Debian Testing

Forum to talk about the development of SMPlayer (code, patches...).

Failing to build on Debian Testing

Postby Evereve » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:04 am

Evereve

Re: Failing to build on Debian Testing

Postby rvm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Does it work if you replace
dh_builddeb -- -Z lzma
with
dh_builddeb -- -Z xz
in debian-rvm/rules?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby Evereve » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Thanks! It worked!

I didn't think the problem was in the compression method but in the diversions!
Evereve

Postby stevo » Sun May 14, 2017 2:54 am

Debian Jessie and newer, plus equivalent Ubuntu releases, now use xz compression as default, and Debian Wheezy supports the xz compression if specified. It's probably a good idea just to drop that flag altogether, or to change it to xz.
stevo

Postby Nighyiun » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:45 am

If possible, we would like more information on this issue.
Nighyiun

Postby stevo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:26 am

Well, what do you need to know?

I've got SMTube and SMPlayer packages building in my own Jessie and Stretch OBS repo:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... t/smplayer

Since I'm l̶a̶z̶y̶ energy-efficient, I managed to add a little bit to the packages so they automatically build with qt 4 on Jessie, but qt 5 on Stretch, to take advantage of the HDPI support there. You can take a look at the sources by clicking on the "Debian_9.0" link on the right, then the "go to download repository" link, which goes to the repo where you can directly download the source files and finished packages.

Maybe rvm would like to modernize his builds to the current preferred "debhelper" that I've copied from Debian...his current method is being deprecated.
stevo

Postby rvm » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:59 am

debian-rvm/rules already uses dh_builddeb -- -Z xz
rvm
Site Admin

Postby stevo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:29 pm

stevo

Return to Development