[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Download videos, now easier than ever

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Download videos, now easier than ever

SMTube is a YouTube browser that can be used along with SMPlayer. Let's talk about it.

Download videos, now easier than ever

Postby rvm » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:08 am

From version r7374 download YouTube videos is easier than ever. Now you don't need to install a download manager and configure smtube to use it. All you need to do is enable an option in the preferences.

Now when you click in the "more info" button, you'll find a "download" button:

sshot1.png
sshot1.png (91.56 KiB) Viewed 6506 times

When you click in this button smtube will open an external website which allows to download the video. It's possible to configure in the preferences which website to use, there are several available and you can add your own.

sshot2.png
sshot2.png (41.41 KiB) Viewed 6506 times
rvm
Site Admin

Re: Download videos, now easier than ever

Postby cootmaster » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:32 am

VERY COOL
BUT may not be for ME
1 i cant seem to find dl as avi xvid
does the site support convert to avi xvid or do i need my external desktop converter?

if i DO mabee just use the uget and smtube
then i can dl with out bothing w the browser opening
i need dl and convert with out opening lot software

2 it opens firefox when i select it but i already have UNPLUG DOWNLOAD HELPER and NET VIDEO HUNTER
in my add ons so it might not be nessesary to down load w this. Chrome doesnt have these add ons so that might be a plus
3 also it might be good for laptop so its less software in smaller drive :D

how did u code all this its awesome
cootmaster

Postby zzd10h » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:15 am

@rvm

Hi,
I just compiled your latest svn7452 on AmigaOS4.

New Font, Zoom +/- settings work fine but I don't see the new "Download" button in "More info" page.

Do I missed something during build ? A new Define maybe ?

Thank you for your help

zzd10h

Postby rvm » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:38 am

Be sure you have this line in smtube.pro:
DEFINES += D_BUTTON
rvm
Site Admin

Postby zzd10h » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:09 pm

You are right, now it works in settings menu but still no "Download" button in web interface.
I have stopped/restarted SMTube after to have checked the download option but still no download button (tested with 3-4 youtube videos).

Any other idea ? thank you

zzd10h

Postby rvm » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:39 pm

The download button is added with JavaScript. Is it enabled?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby zzd10h » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:01 pm

I don't see an option in SMTube to disable it, therefore I don't know.

But regarding Javascript under AmigaOS4 implementation of Qt, yes, it works, at least under Qt InternetSurfBoard.

But strangely, if I use InternetSurfBoard and navigate to www.tonvid.com, I don't see the "Download" button too.

Thanks for your help
zzd10h

Postby rvm » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Does the menus in tonvid.com work in smtube (like the categories menu)? The menus use javascript. If that works, the download button should work too.

By the way, the download button is added by smtube to the page, but it's not in the page so if visit it with a web browser there'll be no download button.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby zzd10h » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:17 pm

Yes, the menus work.
Category (at top) and Preferences (at bottom) are OK. IIRC, when you introduced Themes in SMTube months ago, it didn't worked for AmigaOS4. You did something at server side to solve this issue. Maybe something related (I will search in the forum).

edit : no, my memory is bad, it was not theme but favicon problem
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7992&start=100#p13809
zzd10h

Postby rvm » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:04 pm

Can you see any error message in the debug output?

The code which adds the download button is run in the function BrowserWindow::finishLoading, check if there is any debug output about it.
rvm
Site Admin

Next

Return to General