This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

How to add MPV filters to SMPlayer

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

How to add MPV filters to SMPlayer

Postby HeavyMetal » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:50 pm

Hello,
I try to add some MPV filters, in General - Advanced - Mplayer/MPV - Settings.
I found this page, with MPV filters descriptions
https://mpv.io/manual/master/#osd
(I particularly try to add some OSD filters now)
I try to add string --osd-level=0 in General - Advanced - Mplayer/MPV - Settings.
But, it has no effect.
If I add this string to General - Advanced - Mplayer/MPV - Video, SMPlayer crashes.
Is there any way I can add filters from that list?

By the way, would be great if there was some FAQ on MPV filters, and how to add them to SMPlayer. I tried to search forum on that but didn't find anything. You could use the link I provided above with that FAQ, it has many filters listed.
HeavyMetal

Re: How to add MPV filters to SMPlayer

Postby rvm » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:43 am

--osd-level=0 isn't a filter but a regular option for mpv. You have to add it to preferences -> advanced -> mplayer/mpv -> options. However that particular option probably won't have effect because smplayer already changes the osd level internally.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby HeavyMetal » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:13 pm

Thanks for reply,
Then, is there any way to change OSD in SMPlayer internally, except those options which are available in "view - OSD" already?
I particularly would like to keep time but remove that seek bar which is huge. Or at least make it smaller/move to bottom/add transparency
I think those MPV OSD options have lots of choices, maybe, there's a way to make them work with SMPlayer as well (so that both internal and MPV OSD settings work)?
HeavyMetal

Postby rvm » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:36 pm

You can use --no-osd-bar to remove the bar or --osd-bar-align-x and --osd-bar-align-y to change the position.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby GeneBenson » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:00 am

Hi HeavyMetal,

I use the following in preferences -> advanced -> mplayer/mpv -> options to tame the mpv OSD: --osd-font-size=14 --osd-bar-h=2.2 --osd-border-size=2

The nice thing about these options is that them take effect straight away so you can play around with them without having to restart SMPlayer each time. Looking at the options in the link you gave I see options for the placement of the OSD bar.
GeneBenson

Return to General