[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - FAQ refresh

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

FAQ refresh

Any kind of documentation (manuals, howtos, tips...) about the usage of SMPlayer.

FAQ refresh

Postby redxii » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:28 pm

I'm looking at the FAQ and bringing it up to date.

The volume is too loud at the beginning of the videos, how can this be fixed? - The option mentioned was removed a long time ago
Where is the bookmark? - Is that the same as Favorites?
How can I play an audio CD? - Does Windows MPlayer really not support audio cds yet?

Are you going to add support for TV? - TV support is added (for Linux)
What version of MPlayer is recommended? - Recommend a higher version
Where is the configuration file? - Added Windows locations

Anything else that should be added.
Attachments
faq.zip
(4.63 KiB) Downloaded 770 times
redxii

Re: FAQ refresh

Postby redxii » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:11 am

Turns out MinGW support of libcdio/libcddb is in its infancy and I couldn't get them to compile without modifying them or care to figure out the errors for now. So no audio CD support, I don't believe it's in Sherpya's builds either.
redxii

Postby rvm » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:45 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby redxii » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:22 am

No idea on the Linux thing, maybe as a just in case for whatever reason the screensaver doesn't disable properly.

Or on the other thing, I watch a lot of anime/jdrama but they are usually captured (TV card I guess) then subbed and only have the Japanese audio track; usually are Matroska or AVI. The option was changed from a checkbox to Yes|No|Auto.
redxii

Postby MacTheKnife » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:27 pm

RVM asked "I'm now using Ubuntu 11.10 with the gnome screensaver, and I didn't have to use the heartbeat-cmd to disable the screensaver. So is this still true?"

My impression is that the Gnome Developers have decided screensavers are not "green" enough for them and that monitors should always go to a power saving state and go black instead, so they've allowed a bunch of changes to the GTK libraries that break the old Gnome screensaver and xscreensaver too. But that's just my impression. I haven't really been following the issue. I've just noticed some comments by other people. If you need facts, it'll take some research.
MacTheKnife

Postby Galoxlos » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:40 am

Thanks for the info
Galoxlos

Return to Documentation