[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Losing audio after 75%

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Losing audio after 75%

SMTube is a YouTube browser that can be used along with SMPlayer. Let's talk about it.

Losing audio after 75%

Postby hpmc » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:47 pm

When playing a video from SMTube in Smplayer, I'll lose the audio after roughly 75% of the video has played. The picture will continue fine; just the audio fails. The video will play fine in MPV, usually, if MPV works at all for that particular video.

I'm on Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon, Smtube 18.11.0, SmPlayer 19.5.0 with QT 4.8.7. I've played with different video and audio settings to no avail - reset them to default. No errors pop up. The log is empty.

This happens whether I click the video in SMTube or copy the link location then open in SMPlayer through the Open|URL menu in SMPlayer. Files that are saved on my harddrive play perfectly fine.

Thank you in advance.
hpmc

Re: Losing audio after 75%

Postby rvm » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:53 pm

Please send the smplayer log after playing a video with this problem.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby hpmc » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:00 am

There's nothing in the log that I can find. I'm using the View|SMPlayer log option within the player. It is blank. Should I look somewhere else?

Thank you for your help!
hpmc

Postby rvm » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:36 pm

Be sure the logs output is enabled in preferences -> advanced -> logs.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby hpmc » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:08 am

Ah, that got it. Sorry, rookie mistake.

Both logs uploaded. I've noticed that the time stops running when the sound cuts out, although the video will play to its conclusion. I also can not jump around in time as I used to be able to. Additionally, I've found that using MPV, rather than SMPlayer, from SMTube to play a video does not work. MPV never starts.

Thank you very much for looking at this.
Attachments
smplayer.txt
(122.1 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
mplayer.txt
(56.82 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
hpmc

Postby rvm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:50 am

It seems a problem with the video format or mplayer doesn't support it correctly. Have you try to use mpv as multimedia engine instead? (preferences, general)
rvm
Site Admin

Postby hpmc » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm

No joy there, either, I'm afraid. With that option picked an error box comes up immediately and the video will not play. I've attached both logs below.

I also tried to play it with VLC from SMTube (right-click->Play With->VLC) and get errors there as well and the video won't play. I've attached that log as well.

When I try any of the other players that SMTube can use that I have installed they will not play.

I really appreciate all the help.
Attachments
vlclog.txt
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 616 times
smplayer2.txt
(26.46 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
mplayer2.txt
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 610 times
hpmc

Postby rvm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:28 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby hpmc » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Thank you again for all your help with this. SMTube is absolutely one of my favorite, go-to applications. I install it on every PC I have.

Changing the cache had no effect. I set it all to zero; set it to auto; maxed out the numbers all to no avail.

MPV Version is:
mpv git-2019-04-25-71ad1e2 Copyright © 2000-2019 mpv/MPlayer/mplayer2 projects
built on Sun May 5 23:15:57 UTC 2019
ffmpeg library versions:
libavutil 56.26.100
libavcodec 58.52.100
libavformat 58.27.103
libswscale 5.4.100
libavfilter 7.50.100
libswresample 3.4.100
ffmpeg version: git-2019-04-28-3dee6c0

Interestingly, if I copy the link the video in SMTube (Right-click -> copy link to clipboard) then paste it into a terminal preceded by MPV or VLC or MPV2 it will play fine (and is a nice workaround for me). However, if I do the same with SMPlayer I get the same audio loss/timer stop behavior. Not sure if that helps at all.

Thanks again!
hpmc

Postby rvm » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Send the log after setting the cache to auto, so I can see if there's a different error.
rvm
Site Admin

Next

Return to General