This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Hard to find results since few times

SMTube is a YouTube browser that can be used along with SMPlayer. Let's talk about it.

Hard to find results since few times

Postby zzd10h » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi,
Since few days, I find that a lot of videos are no more reachable through SMTube.
No results are returned in SMTube.

For example this one :
https://youtu.be/gsM3KfCRfcI
is no reachable with the url or by searching for "Bonjour tristesse 51"

Does it work for somebody ?

Thank you.

AmigaOS 4
SMTube 15.9 svn7147 with YouTube code updated.
zzd10h

Re: Hard to find results since few times

Postby rvm » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:53 am

This is very weird. If I search for "Bonjour tristesse 51" in the copy of tonvid in my computer it does show that video (and many others from "Bonjour Tristesse" channel), but when I search in tonvid.com the result is different and for example all videos from the "Bonjour Tristesse" channel are missing.

It's not a bug when displaying the results. It's just that the youtube API returns a different result for the search. I don't know why.

Edit: ok, it seems it has to do with the region code. If using "worldwide" some results are missing. Using another region all videos are shown.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby zzd10h » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:15 am

Thank you.

I compiled your latest version (15.9 svn7223) and without changing region or something else, all the videos are displayed :D
zzd10h

Postby samo79 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:28 am

Ah i though to have somethings wrong here so never report it, but it seems it was a real issue then ... thanks to have fixed it ! ;)
samo79

Return to General