Getting an smtube.exe System Error

SMTube is a YouTube browser that can be used along with SMPlayer. Let's talk about it.

Getting an smtube.exe System Error

Postby newuser101 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:56 am

rvm:

SMTube appears to have stopped working in the last few days. Here's the error I get:

smtube.exe - System Error

The program can't start because QtCore4.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Is this related to the new version of SMPlayer using Qt5?

Oh, and what do you think about the recent news stories saying that since Apple is dropping support for QuickTime, Windows users should uninstall it because it will constitute a security risk? That would break SMPlayer, right?

Thanks...
newuser101

Re: Getting an smtube.exe System Error

Postby rvm » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:28 am

newuser101 wrote:rvm:

SMTube appears to have stopped working in the last few days. Here's the error I get:

smtube.exe - System Error

The program can't start because QtCore4.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Is this related to the new version of SMPlayer using Qt5?

Yes. If you installed a version of SMPlayer using Qt5 you need to use a version of SMTube built with Qt5 as well. You can find it here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/smplay ... /Unstable/

newuser101 wrote:Oh, and what do you think about the recent news stories saying that since Apple is dropping support for QuickTime, Windows users should uninstall it because it will constitute a security risk? That would break SMPlayer, right?

I don't think so. Both mplayer and mpv use ffmpeg, they don't use QuickTime.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby newuser101 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:43 am

Thanks...new version of SMTube does it. I didn't notice it in your SourceForge directories...my oversight.

As for the QuickTime business, I guess I was thinking that since the Qt5 auxilliary files are used by SMPlayer and SMTube, there might be a problem. Good if that's not the case!
newuser101

Postby rvm » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Qt is not QuickTime.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby newuser101 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:08 pm

Excuse me while I go get a rag to wipe all of this egg off my face!! Sheesh!!
newuser101

Return to General