[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Issue getting videos to play

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Issue getting videos to play

SMTube is a YouTube browser that can be used along with SMPlayer. Let's talk about it.

Issue getting videos to play

Postby steevo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:41 pm

I am running the latest version of smtube and smplayer that are available on Arch, and have the latest youtube code. When I try to play a youtube video, the video loads completely, but does not play. I can manually scroll to any point in the video and it will show the still frame, but the play button is greyed out like it is playing. No amount of stopping/pausing/playing gets the video to play. Local videos seem to play just fine.
steevo

Re: Issue getting videos to play

Postby rvm » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Can you send the mpv/mplayer log? (menu View)
rvm
Site Admin

Postby steevo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:54 pm

steevo

Postby rvm » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:39 pm

Does it work if you select another video output or audio output in preferences -> general -> video, audio?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby steevo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:17 pm

Changing the audio output solved it. I tried the video before, but didn't think audio would affect playback. Had to change it to null, because as it happens I do not have a sound device installed on the vm( i'm assuming that's why null worked anyway.)

Thank you very much for you help!
steevo

Return to General